• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2007 vs 2017

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/duel-of-the-decades-who-wins-between-07-and-17-bulls/2341422

I believe the 2017 Bulls have the edge. What do you all think? This article is fun and engaging. One of Joey Knight's better outings. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

16 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/duel-of-the-decades-who-wins-between-07-and-17-bulls/2341422

I believe the 2017 Bulls have the edge. What do you all think? This article is fun and engaging. One of Joey Knight's better outings. 

I enjoyed the article.

I just wish he had asked Jim Louk for his opinion, since he has seen it all from day 1.

I bet Matt Grothe will post his opinion, and I have NO doubt what he will say. LOL

As for me, it's too soon to tell.

THIS USF team has yet to be tested.

Although, it's an interesting question, it really should be asked and answered after the season is over. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I enjoyed the article.

I just wish he had asked Jim Louk for his opinion, since he has seen it all from day 1.

I bet Matt Grothe will post his opinion, and I have NO doubt what he will say. LOL

As for me, it's too soon to tell.

THIS USF team has yet to be tested.

Although, it's an interesting question, it really should be asked and answered after the season is over. 

No way Jim would give an answer. Can’t expect the company man to that. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

2007 team was battle tested and proved they could win big games. 2017 team hasn't played anybody noteworthy yet. Q is probably the best player to suit up for the Bulls but I don't believe there was a better competitor than Grothe. If i was a betting man id lean 2007.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Too early

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

No way Jim would give an answer. Can’t expect the company man to that. 

Perhaps, you are correct.

Even so, he just might give his opinion after the season is concluded.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I look at it like this,  this year's team is a hold over from last season beating an SEC team,  ranked navy,  and beating the snot out of several decent fbs teams. All this years team knows how to do is win. If we played the 2007 team around now,  this is the time when they folded. 

Our teams used to do great the beginning of the year and fold late. Shoot you play them on a Thursday and you were almost guaranteed a win. Now people smarter than me chimed in in the article. I believe when tallied up the edge went to the 2017 with a tally of 5-3.

QF's is a monster. I don't think they could contain him AND all the other offensive weapons. This team is deeper at every position. I think they could make 2007 team one dimensional then force Grothe into cowboy mode. We know what happens when you have to throw too much on this defense. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2017 hasn't played anybody yet.

2007 would mop the floor with them.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Hard to choose with only half a season for 2017.  But 6 games in for both teams, 2007 gets the nod.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

I look at it like this,  this year's team is a hold over from last season beating an SEC team,  ranked navy,  and beating the snot out of several decent fbs teams. All this years team knows how to do is win. If we played the 2007 team around now,  this is the time when they folded. 

Our teams used to do great the beginning of the year and fold late. Shoot you play them on a Thursday and you were almost guaranteed a win. Now people smarter than me chimed in in the article. I believe when tallied up the edge went to the 2017 with a tally of 5-3.

QF's is a monster. I don't think they could contain him AND all the other offensive weapons. This team is deeper at every position. I think they could make 2007 team one dimensional then force Grothe into cowboy mode. We know what happens when you have to throw too much on this defense. 

If we're using last year's results to boost this year's team then let me ask you this. Don't you think last year's game vs FSU is the kind of big game the 2007 squad would win?

As great as Q has been what are his signature wins? #22 Navy and #21 Temple both at home and a .500 SEC team?