• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Legitimate question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

If only there were some way to answer this question conclusively.  Some sort of competitive match or contest that could settle this query for this season.  Alas, there is no such opportunity...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Just look at the upsets this week. You have to play the game. The way both teams are playing I think this game is very hard to pick a favorite.

But do I think our defense is way more dominant. 

Shut out Temple

Held Cincy to ONE feild goal in the first quarter but then shut them out the rest of the game.

Prior to this weeks games:

#2 in rushing defense

#1 turnover margin

#1 interceptions (by a lot) 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Agreed. But both teams have soundly beaten inferior competition to this point. Maryland sucks. Memphis seems to be better than average, but not great. I don't think beating the **** out of a bunch of bad teams vs. beating the **** out of a bunch of bad teams and one team who will probably finish 7-5 tells you much.

I agree that each have taken care of business.  You look at the opponents though and Maryland isn't that bad really.  FIU is actually good considering their conference.  I watched a bit of the Navy game today, I don't think you're giving Memphis their due credit.  They are the class of the west imo.  Houston stands a chance, but really I think the takeaway is that our conference is actually pretty good.  Beating Navy is a quality win.  So is Memphis, SMU, etc.  I don't disagree with your position, it just seems a good opportunity to point out the depth and quality of our conference.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

They don't have Flowers, they are good, but, my take is he gives us the edge. 

I think they're happy with Milton, he's putting up more impressive numbers across the board.  I didn't realize how good he was until I watched him play tonight

Edited by ECUshoein

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

They play **** good on offense..Frost will be at a big p5 team next year.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

I agree that each have taken care of business.  You look at the opponents though and Maryland isn't that bad really.  FIU is actually good considering their conference.  I watched a bit of the Navy game today, I don't think you're giving Memphis their due credit.  They are the class of the west imo.  Houston stands a chance, but really I think the takeaway is that our conference is actually pretty good.  Beating Navy is a quality win.  So is Memphis, SMU, etc.  I don't disagree with your position, it just seems a good opportunity to point out the depth and quality of our conference.  

But saying FIU is good considering their conference is a bit like fighting over the toughest Muppet. And everything else is just opinion, like the rankings. UCF handled a Memphis team that so far has beaten a UCLA team that isn't what it was cracked up to be, SIU, UConn, and handled Navy. Anyone who's watched Navy knows that they are not a very good barometer of how good your team is overall. It's a total matchup scenario that favors some teams over others. If I had a good front 7 and the Golden Girls in the secondary, we'd have a good game. Wouldn't mean anything against the rest of my schedule.

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

We'll find out when we play. Personally, I don't think we've seen the best of USF. So it's not fair to compare opponents. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

3 hours ago, RSSMOOTH said:

So, I know this will bring about some polarizing responses but objectively,  is UCF better than us right now? 

All I know is that they play in a rust bucket of a stadium.