• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USA Today: Ole Miss, Tennessee could pursue Charlie Strong

Guest PCBull14
15 hours ago, usfbullrider said:

Weighted more due to larger class.  At some point gonna need to recruit some difference makers.  Also how many recruits gonna stick around with these articles floating around from respected media outlets.

If you think star ratings mean anything... This program was built and will continue to be built on player development. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

26 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

If you think star ratings mean anything... This program was built and will continue to be built on player development. 

The accuracy of star ratings have been proven repeatedly.

https://247sports.com/Article/Do-recruiting-rankings-matter-The-2017-NFL-Draft-says-yes-52571897

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

Maybe the UF part.

But It's obvious to me that some of you don't want to believe this isnt more than a stepping stone for most head coaches at this point. IF we do go undefeated, the amount of hype and P5 jobs going after Strong will be too much for us to keep him.

Think about it. You don't think it bothers him coaching in front of 10,000 people every game and no one in the city gives a **** when he could be coaching in front 100,000 in Knoxville? I know this might bother some of you but you know it's the truth.

Now I'm a diehard USF fan and been to more games this season than someone who lives 4 hours away should, seeing how not even people in Tampa go to the games, but I'm also realistic. The fact that we have the #18 ranked team in the nation and no one goes to the games I think would be annoying to ANY head coach trying to do his best.

We need to start focusing our efforts in writing the contract for coach Larry Scott. He's the only one who wouldn't leave despise attendance and recuiting would still be through the roof.

#HireScott

How'd that work out for him in Texas?  With larger crowds come higher expectations.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

How'd that work out for him in Texas?  With larger crowds come higher expectations.

I would have an even bigger urge to prove the naysayers wrong.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

42 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Worked out well for him in Louisville. He helped rebuild that UL fan base as Kragthorpe destroyed Louisville program. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I would have an even bigger urge to prove the naysayers wrong.

This.  By nature, college football coaches have tremendous egos.  Given the right opportunity to prove the naysayers wrong, he would jump on it.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

18 hours ago, Brad said:

When does Genshaft retire?

18 hours ago, JTrue said:

When the university stops wanting to be better at the education part of being a university.

I wasn't a fan of the hire but she has taken us to pre-eminent status. The board should have given her another 5 years instead of the one year renewal.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

31 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I wasn't a fan of the hire but she has taken us to pre-eminent status. The board should have given her another 5 years instead of the one year renewal.

If she takes us to AAU status she should get a statute on campus. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

If Mississippi is smart they'll go after Neal Brown at Troy or Blake Anderson at Arky State...someone who's hungry for a P5 paycheck but also young enough to want a total rebuild.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

20 hours ago, Brad said:

When does Genshaft retire?

20 hours ago, JTrue said:

When the university stops wanting to be better at the education part of being a university.

She just needs to stay out of the day to day running of the athletic department. Stick to cheering on the teams and academics.