• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USA Today: Ole Miss, Tennessee could pursue Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I think the writer(and Joey) have implied that Strong isnt happy because of his comments about attendance

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

25 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

I think the writer(and Joey) have implied that Strong isnt happy because of his comments about attendance

Hoping we get around 50k next weekend.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Strong is gone after this year guys.

Probably to UF.

WRONG

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, usfbullrider said:

Yea difference makers you know guys that the BIG 3 want.  4 star guys like Flowers DJ Mack and others.  Only need a couple to make a difference.  Difference being winning and losing tough games.  Not trying to be difficult just constructive.  When the touchdowns dry up it is because partly we were too scared to recruit against bigger programs.

yes because all those stars is working so well for those schools right now.  I feel confident right now we have the best team in Florida out of the big 3.  Our biggest threat is UCF not Miami or Florida or Florida st

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I've got nothing against CCS, that being said, when he leaves, I can start thinking about USFs future versus just that one season he is currently in...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

He's not going anywhere. Basically, the whole staff is in this funky contract sponsored by Texas with a balloon payment from USF after next year. So, if he leaves, somebody would have to write the same kind of deal; he's not going to leave anybody behind.

The whole staff is not sponsored, only the four guys that came over with contracts from Texas, and truly it is USF that is sponsored. 

Those buyouts are with Texas not USF.  It will remain the same wherever they go and anyone could take advantage of that albeit only for one year at this point.

The balloon is only going to allow USF to be competitive with the coaching salaries in 2018-2021.   Once it is all done we have 3.4 million to distribute, and that is still 1.1 million(today) less than the destinations CCS would be looking at, while those schools salary pools will likely continue to grow and be even larger in 2019-2021 when we actually reach that 3.4 million.

The increases in the pool next year will primarily be distributed to BJM and Williams who were only on contract with Texas for 2017 and received the bulk of their compensation from that.  The following year it will be Gilbert and Mattox.  Even then, these guys are not going to be making more than they could elsewhere, just more than USF has paid before.

The contract was great for USF, and neutral for the coaches.  It's nothing that would keep them here. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Hoping we get around 50k next weekend.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

I've got zero idea what it's like to be a head coach and feel like you're the one that has to explain to your players why the stands are still empty; but, it seems a little bit ridiculous to be that frustrated about the attendance, literally only 3 home games into your tenure, when those home games have been an FCS school and two cupcakes on a weeknight, to let a story like this get out.

I mean.. It's October. Shouldn't Strong have more important things to worry about? Makes Strong sound like he's got the patience of a 17 year old. Hoping this story is a lot of baloney, but i did read that Collin's picked up on it so imagine it's got some traction.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

WRONG

Maybe the UF part.

But It's obvious to me that some of you don't want to believe this isnt more than a stepping stone for most head coaches at this point. IF we do go undefeated, the amount of hype and P5 jobs going after Strong will be too much for us to keep him.

Think about it. You don't think it bothers him coaching in front of 10,000 people every game and no one in the city gives a **** when he could be coaching in front 100,000 in Knoxville? I know this might bother some of you but you know it's the truth.

Now I'm a diehard USF fan and been to more games this season than someone who lives 4 hours away should, seeing how not even people in Tampa go to the games, but I'm also realistic. The fact that we have the #18 ranked team in the nation and no one goes to the games I think would be annoying to ANY head coach trying to do his best.

We need to start focusing our efforts in writing the contract for coach Larry Scott. He's the only one who wouldn't leave despise attendance and recuiting would still be through the roof.

#HireScott

Edited by zarnozdabull

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Well an FCS school and cupcakes draw 100,000 at Texas.... so after his time there, no surprise Strong is having an adjustment period with the crowd size.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Maybe the UF part.

But It's obvious to me that some of you don't want to believe this isnt more than a stepping stone for most head coaches at this point. IF we do go undefeated, the amount of hype and P5 jobs going after Strong will be too much for us to keep him.

Think about it. You don't think it bothers him coaching in front of 10,000 people every game and no one in the city gives a **** when he could be coaching in front 100,000 in Knoxville? I know this might bother some of you but you know it's the truth.

Now I'm a diehard USF fan and been to more games this season than someone who lives 4 hours away should, seeing how not even people in Tampa go to the games, but I'm also realistic. The fact that we have the #18 ranked team in the nation and no one goes to the games I think would be annoying to ANY head coach trying to do his best.

We need to start focusing our efforts in writing the contract for coach Larry Scott. He's the only one who wouldn't leave despise attendance and recuiting would still be through the roof.

#HireScott

No, I get it, he will not be here long. The same is true for about 1/3 of the coaches in the America Conference. However, I will be shocked if he leaves this year. All he has proven thus far (and remember we have only played FIVE games) is that he can win in a lower conference with other people’s players. I don’t think that is going to be enough after only five games to make the statement you are making. Now,  if we run the table and win a New Year’s Day game, perhaps you have a point. But until then, I can’t see it happening. In terms of Larry Scott, I agree he could be a good fit, but to think he too would not leave is naïve. This is a transit coaching conference. Money ALWAYS talks.