• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comparing ucf & USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Looking at the teams ranked higher than us, we could feasibly be a top 10 team by time we play them.  Without any major upsets, attrition will help, as all the teams ahead of us will play another team(s) ahead of us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

I often wonder if the Gators are sad because the Seminoles aren't ranked. I wonder if Miami is hurt that they'll get a beat up Seminoles team. 

I highly doubt either/ both situations above. I don't care about the conference or looks. I want what's best for my team. Having watched both teams as most of you have, I don't get this UCIF love fest. 

They play aggressive sure... But the teams I've watched them play didn't have enough heart/ fight. They fell behind and just crumbled. Their offenses weren't as balanced or as potent as ours. Their defenses weren't as opportunistic or punishing as ours. 

Do they have a pulse, sure. When our game is over, that may be in question. They are hungry but we are starving. They went through the pain of one bad season while we strung together several... Barring serious injury, this match up won't even be close. You can quote me on that at the end.

People obviously slept on them before their match-ups. Let's see how they fare with a target on their back like we've had all season. End of rant. 

Do you not consider a NY6 game game "best" for your team?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting article -- no surprise, though...

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/ucf-over-usf-rankings

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was in the "hope ucf loses two games" camp earlier but now I have changed my mind. Let's play for all the marbles with two undefeated teams and have a win that will be remembered forever. Black Friday will be an unbelievable day. 

I agree with this.  While I have a hard time not cheering against UCF, I want us to play as many meaningful games as possible and this scenario would make for one heck of a meaningful game for both teams. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

48 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Looking at the teams ranked higher than us, we could feasibly be a top 10 team by time we play them.  Without any major upsets, attrition will help, as all the teams ahead of us will play another team(s) ahead of us.

This👆🏿👆🏿👆🏿 forget the knights. We'll get there without their help. CCG will be meaningful and so will the Bowl game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I see no reason to compare us to UCF. We play each other. It will be obvious then.

Prior to the Sun Bowl in 2007, “EVERYBODY” said USF would beat the heck out of Oregon. They had a RS Freshman starting his first game.

Well everybody was wrong. What is humorous is for all the people who “hate” on USF, they really fear us because we haven’t played anybody. They really don’t know what USF is capable of. They “hope” USF will lose when we play a “Good Team” but they really don’t know.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Screw UCF no matter what.  Could care less about them until 11/24.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I still think Navy tops UCF. I also think UCF has a bigger chance of dropping a game before they play us. Can’t help but feeling like the fate is in our hands again. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,170
  • Days Won:  56

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

This👆🏿👆🏿👆🏿 forget the knights. We'll get there without their help. CCG will be meaningful and so will the Bowl game. 

What about this deserved a down vote??? We really have that strong of a knight alliance here? 

Maybe things changed after I graduated. We never wanted a rivalry with them because it was pointless. All they ever did was whine and lose. 

They were rude to us, overly aggressive, and flat out tools. Now I'm supposed to wrap my arms around them and talk up their program... nawh I'm good. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1