• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Calm down, waaaay too much panic.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I went back and watched the entire game with a ridiculous amount of pause and rewinds. I admit, I was a bit overreactive to the playcalling. This is what I found. 

Over 75% of the runs of less that 3 yards were the right call. We just weren't executing up front. Give Stony Brook some credit. They mixed up their fronts and blitzes very well and didn't show them until the ball was snapped. Countless times we would have 2 OL blocking the 3 tech and a LB running free through the hole. Had this LB been accounted for, the run would've been out the gate. I can't tell you how many times this was the case. While the OL wasn't getting the push across the board you would like to see, a vast majority of their errors (and there were a ton) were mental lapses. 

One of the sacks DJ was responsible for picking up a delayed blitz. However he didn't see it for whatever reason and released outside leaving for a free shot at QF. 

QF just didn't play well. Plain and simple. I still wouldnt rather have many other guys in the country behind center. There were the obvious over throws but that bounce on the screen may have been the worst. There were blockers ready to bust it. Often times he was starring down the WR and hitching like he wasn't confident. He did miss a couple reads on the option runs. The pass behind Alaka in the redzone was a RPO. Another miscommunication. 

My opinion is he's just not completely comfortable in the system which can be said for almost every player on that side of the ball. 

The offense will get better with reps. When? That's the big question. Let's hope it begins to click in Connecticut. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

They were picked to be 8th in the Colonial. How good can they be?  We certainly made them look good, which is reason for concern. I'm definitely concerned about Strong and his staff, at least for now. They've taken a great offense, and have turned it into something that would be a middling Colonial offense. Kragthorpe did well at Tulsa, then totally sucked at Louisville. Holtz did well at ECU, then totally sucked here. Strong did well at Louisville.....

I think that's mostly because of their lack of offense or quality quarterback that they were picked 8th.  Last year opponents averaged 100 yards per game at 2.1 average yards per rush.  Yeah, I know, consider the opponents.  

2016 Temple vs. USF  - 48 attempts / 322 yards 6.7 avg

2016 Temple vs. Stony Brook - 39 attempts / 177 yards / 4.5 avg. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I think that's mostly because of their lack of offense or quality quarterback that they were picked 8th.  Last year opponents averaged 100 yards per game at 2.1 average yards per rush.  Yeah, I know, consider the opponents.  

2016 Temple vs. USF  - 48 attempts / 322 yards 6.7 avg

2016 Temple vs. Stony Brook - 39 attempts / 177 yards / 4.5 avg. 

I'm not even sure that Raymond Woodie even communicated with CWT during games. I believe he was listening to rap music on those headphones.

• Upvote 2

• Content Count:  254

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

If we look like poop all year but finish the regular season 13 and 0 I will take it. 

Dear god...more sound logic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

11 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm not even sure that Raymond Woodie even communicated with CWT during games. I believe he was listening to rap music on those headphones.

I think he was an R&B guy.

• Content Count:  1,494

12 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

You get an upvote for that one.  Headphones probably weren't even plugged in.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

I went back and watched the entire game with a ridiculous amount of pause and rewinds. I admit, I was a bit overreactive to the playcalling. This is what I found. 

Over 75% of the runs of less that 3 yards were the right call. We just weren't executing up front. Give Stony Brook some credit. They mixed up their fronts and blitzes very well and didn't show them until the ball was snapped. Countless times we would have 2 OL blocking the 3 tech and a LB running free through the hole. Had this LB been accounted for, the run would've been out the gate. I can't tell you how many times this was the case. While the OL wasn't getting the push across the board you would like to see, a vast majority of their errors (and there were a ton) were mental lapses. 

One of the sacks DJ was responsible for picking up a delayed blitz. However he didn't see it for whatever reason and released outside leaving for a free shot at QF. 

QF just didn't play well. Plain and simple. I still wouldnt rather have many other guys in the country behind center. There were the obvious over throws but that bounce on the screen may have been the worst. There were blockers ready to bust it. Often times he was starring down the WR and hitching like he wasn't confident. He did miss a couple reads on the option runs. The pass behind Alaka in the redzone was a RPO. Another miscommunication. 

My opinion is he's just not completely comfortable in the system which can be said for almost every player on that side of the ball. 

The offense will get better with reps. When? That's the big question. Let's hope it begins to click in Connecticut. 

Analysis... Didn't get to watch much, but, OL assignments are off the mark right now, which IS mental and easier to clean up than physical issues.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, dclenden said:

Dear god...more sound logic

What does this mean?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

Not sure I understand that gripe. If players are creating separation then the coaches have done their job and the ball not being delivered falls back to the player(s) ....

Suppose "WR X" was getting separation from "CB Y" but all the initial reads in the plays were for "WR Y" and "WR Z". The coaching failed to call a play that our QB would easily get to. If we're ever expecting QF to be a 2-3-4 reads type of guy, we're going to not do very well.

There were definitely times where, say MVS was on an island against a corner 8" shorter than him, and the reads were all on the other side of the field so Flowers didn't even see it. That's just idiotic play calling. No?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

The quotes are directly from the post-game player interviews,

https://youtu.be/h_Mcw9tQ_II?t=84