• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Calm down, waaaay too much panic.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, The Great 8 said:

God, this line of thinking is annoying.

1) Missed assignments in special teams both weeks are hugely concerning. Purely falls on bad coaching. The "smell" being if they're unable to coach this sufficiently, what else are they forgetting?

2) Every team has dropped passes please stop making this excuse, people

3) Every team has dropped interceptions

4) It was rainy for both teams. Why could their offense move over the middle of our defense? But not ours on theirs?

The reality is, I could give a **** less about missed interceptions or dropped passes. I care a lot more about an OL that can't push around an FCS front seven or skill players who can't create separation, and if they were.. coaches who can't hit said players with the right play to deliver them the ball. I care about never getting DJ in space. Etc.

A few of those dropped passes and interceptions going our way does nothing to reduce my concern. At this point, I'm just praying Gilbert is sharking everyone and not putting the real offense on game tape. But, that seems unlikely, he wouldn't purposely keep it close in the 4th against SBU. So, that means I pray Gilbert is quicker to adapt his offense than Taggart was. He has an example to aspire to with lots of tape. Maybe look at it? I believe there was a quote this off-season saying he didn't look at the prior season's tape. Sounds very plausible that he didn't, now.

Great post, totally in agreement with this. Also, we are going to clam up due to field position against Stony Brook?? We have an enormous talent advantage here, and seemingly playing scared at times against totally inferior opposition. I also think the OL is probably the single biggest concern right now. That gets fixed, then I'll feel much better about our chances at winning the conference. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,703
  • Days Won:  424

I care a lot more about an OL that can't push around an FCS front seven or skill players who can't create separation, and if they were.. coaches who can't hit said players with the right play to deliver them the ball.

Not sure I understand that gripe. If players are creating separation then the coaches have done their job and the ball not being delivered falls back to the player(s) ....

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

God, this line of thinking is annoying.

1) Missed assignments in special teams both weeks are hugely concerning. Purely falls on bad coaching. The "smell" being if they're unable to coach this sufficiently, what else are they forgetting?

2) Every team has dropped passes please stop making this excuse, people

3) Every team has dropped interceptions

4) It was rainy for both teams. Why could their offense move over the middle of our defense? But not ours on theirs?

The reality is, I could give a **** less about missed interceptions or dropped passes. I care a lot more about an OL that can't push around an FCS front seven or skill players who can't create separation, and if they were.. coaches who can't hit said players with the right play to deliver them the ball. I care about never getting DJ in space. Etc.

A few of those dropped passes and interceptions going our way does nothing to reduce my concern. At this point, I'm just praying Gilbert is sharking everyone and not putting the real offense on game tape. But, that seems unlikely, he wouldn't purposely keep it close in the 4th against SBU. So, that means I pray Gilbert is quicker to adapt his offense than Taggart was. He has an example to aspire to with lots of tape. Maybe look at it? I believe there was a quote this off-season saying he didn't look at the prior season's tape. Sounds very plausible that he didn't, now.

Most teams that have recievers who drop passess, usually lose games, so those catches need to be made. Those 2 interceptions would have swung momentum and gave us 2 more chances to score.  I agree the play calling sucked, but to write off the team as being bad and having a horrible season after 2 WINS is a little premature. Hell lets at least lose a game first b4 writing off tbe season. Trying to predict failure early is just speaking **** into existence. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

In college football if you don't beat your opponent by 30+ it's not counted as a win by some fans.  I'll bet UT feels better than GT this morning.

Bulls 2 wins vs. 0 losses.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,497
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yea both games sucked, but both games had a blocked punt that resulted in a score, dropped passes from recievers, hell the stony brook game had 2 easy dropped interceptions and both had bad field position to start the game. Yet we still kept our 30pt game streak going and still 2-0. Our weakest link from last year (the defense) is now our strongest. Im not worried one bit, my goggles are still on. The blocked punts, dropped passess and field position are all game mood and rythm changers. Lets not forget it was also raining. Once we clean up the drops and special teams, all will be well. Plus I dont see the players staying silent if the offense doesn't improve. I doubt Sterling Gilbert allows this offense to suck all year, nor will Charlie allow it. We got lucky enough to start our season with 2 cupcakes. We still have a full season ahead. We have a good defense now and the offense will catch up. Have a little faith in the football Gods.

On a side note, I find it funny how many people shitted on Taggart, saying QF did all the work, we "out athlete" other teams, Taggart is a bad play caller. Well he's gone and our offense declined, Oregon scored over 70 pts and he is having success.Give the man his props. 

Stoney Brook had a pretty good run defense last year that seems to have improved.  Their game plan was to stop the run.  Normally, I think we'd start throwing, but I think the rainy first half hindered the play calling.  The passing plays that were called were overthrown or dropped.  I do think we'll see the same game plan against us every week.  The offensive line was pretty offensive.  Their play needs to improve.  Luckily, I don't think Uconn is much better than Stoney Brook so we should be okay this week as long as it doesn't rain or snow.

• Topic Count:  2,341
  • Content Count:  21,355
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Then why all of this stream of consciousness, rambling ******** ....??

Yeah, we won if you did not figure out Triple's point. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

We need a great Girls of UConn thread :) 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, E.T. said:

We need a great Girls of UConn thread :) 

I have it created, will post pics after work

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Luckily, I don't think Uconn is much better than Stoney Brook 

We weren't much better than Stony Brook. This is really a difficult game to predict. I would expect that Sheriffs gets the start for them this week. He came into the game and brought them back last week, and had a pretty good game against us last year.  If we get our **** together on offense, this could be a relatively easy game. If not, this could end up looking like the humidity game from the Holtz era....and we'll no doubt hear similar excuses on this board.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If we look like poop all year but finish the regular season 13 and 0 I will take it. 

• Upvote 1