• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Winners and Losers - Week 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Pretty good assessment by CBS.

"Loser -- South Florida: A quick glance at South Florida's first two games will show that everything is fine. The Bulls are 2-0 with wins over San Jose State and Stony Brook by a combined score of 73-39. But that's surface level stuff. The reality is South Florida trailed the Spartans 10-0 in a disastrous first quarter in Week Zero and were tied with Stony Brook in the fourth quarter on Saturday. The Bulls are way, way too talented to let lesser teams stick around. Is this going to be a theme this season?"

CBS Link

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

All comes down to poor coaching the past 2 games. Gilbert's playcalling has been horrendous!!!

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

All comes down to poor coaching the past 2 games. Gilbert's playcalling has been horrendous!!!

The only time this offense was open was the second quarter in San Jose outside that its been pretty ugly.  What a shock we scored a bunch of points in the quarter we were open.  If this idiot can't figure that out then he needs to be fired.   95% of this board could have called a better game than yesterday.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

The only time this offense was open was the second quarter in San Jose outside that its been pretty ugly.  What a shock we scored a bunch of points in the quarter we were open.  If this idiot can't figure that out then he needs to be fired.   95% of this board could have called a better game than yesterday.

You'd have to think CCS knows if he doesn't win here with what he's been given, he will be mocked nationally. He failed at Texas, and a failure here would definitely be bad for his reputation. All he had to do was make the defense a top 60 or so defense and not mess up the offense. Seems easy to me 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

Both of you are in the same boat as me. I was there and let him know what I thought. In fact most fans over the tunnel were giving it to him.  I hope he doesn't have little man syndrome.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

We were down 16-0 at SJSU.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I am not a football guru but, when we spoke with CCS at the summer bash we specifically asked him if we were going to see more plays other than up the middle?  He said absolutely.  I am seeing less plays & digression with the talent we have except the defense.  I wish our OC would throw caution to the wind & let Q loose!!!! He should not be put on a shelf for a rainy day.  If they are afraid of injury then why play the game? It goes with the territory.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

I'm wondering if strong has been holding back the last two weeks to not tip his hand against stony brook and sjsu. The first drive against uconn will be the most telling sign as this is our first glance at a conference foe. If the offense starts with 2 runs up the middle before a pass then all teams will know to stack up out of the gate. I'm hopefull he calls a play action or jet sweep or anything other than a run right up the middle.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm holding out to think game 1 & 2 were fundamental games 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

I'm wondering if strong has been holding back the last two weeks to not tip his hand against stony brook and sjsu. The first drive against uconn will be the most telling sign as this is our first glance at a conference foe. If the offense starts with 2 runs up the middle before a pass then all teams will know to stack up out of the gate. I'm hopefull he calls a play action or jet sweep or anything other than a run right up the middle.

Over and over again, I keep reading about how Gilbert might be holding back the playbook until we get into conference play.  We are ranked #19 in the country and in some polls our first nine teams are ranked out of the top 100!  Do we really need to be conservative with an FCS team so that UCONN doesn't learn our secrets?!?!

I believe we have seen the playbook already and it is a power run offense.  Let's just hope CCS is willing to make the needed adjustments, much like CWT finally did.

• Upvote 3