• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Roger's report - more on CCS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

"We've played two games, and we have yet to play four quarters," Strong said.

"That's something that we learned today," McCants said. "No matter who it is, no matter where we are, we just got to play our game. Play football and be physical and tough."

"You're going to have ups and downs," Flowers said. "You're going to have roller-coaster rides. It's about staying together as a team, and that's what we did, and that's why we came away with the W."

Good article, thanks Rog.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm going to choose to believe that since Strong didn't say anything about him and his staff having to do better, that we're going to see a little mo' better offense next Saturday.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Good article, thanks Rog.

"We can't play like we did the first two weeks," Strong said.

He said he does not expect quarterback Quinton Flowers to produce a touchdown drive every time the Bulls have the ball, but Strong did not expect to see this on the scoreboard at halftime:

Maybe it's time he starts having those expectations because our guys have the capability  they need to start coaching like that.

one thing that has struck me so far; have the coaches made one comment about needing to coach better?  About putting the kids in better positions to make plays?  I have not heard or read that  all i have heard is not counting or or players not playing well  

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I listed to the game on iheartradio and and the half they asked him how he was going to fix ST. His answer was terrible. He just said we have to clean it up. Didn't even come close to answering the question. Just say block better or punt the ball a little faster. Something like that.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

16 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

"We can't play like we did the first two weeks," Strong said.

He said he does not expect quarterback Quinton Flowers to produce a touchdown drive every time the Bulls have the ball, but Strong did not expect to see this on the scoreboard at halftime:

Maybe it's time he starts having those expectations because our guys have the capability  they need to start coaching like that.

one thing that has struck me so far; have the coaches made one comment about needing to coach better?  About putting the kids in better positions to make plays?  I have not heard or read that  all i have heard is not counting or or players not playing well  

this is not a personnel problem. it is a coaching problem. their safeties played within 7 yards of line of scrimmage and we didn't even try to back them off by stretching the field.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 QTR?  We haven't seen 2 QTRs yet.  

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I hope the CCS love fest is over. I couldn't believe what good press he was getting for being hired here. he lost to a Kansas team in his third year that hadn't beaten Texas since 1938. there were even people on here who thought he was an upgrade over Taggart

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

My only hope is that they have been learning the new plays so far as they still haven't opened playbook from last season.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, BullAdrian said:

My only hope is that they have been learning the new plays so far as they still haven't opened playbook from last season.

There is nothing else. Hb dive throw long. Thats it

• Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

There is nothing else. Hb dive throw long. Thats it

That's because there is no playbook, the players have to write down the plays as they go.

• Downvote 1