• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Buzz on Campus?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

9 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Classes start next week, according to the academic calendar. I wonder if there's any buzz in the dorms and on campus about all the football hype?

Old(er) Bulls, wouldn't you love to be a freshman living in the dorms again? My freshman year was 1989: USF football was but a distant dream.

I'm hoping we have creative ways to help students get to the games. They are loud & bring so much energy, that we really need it.  And it's such amazing opportunity to experience college football.  I graduated in 1990, and would have LOVED to have a team then...and I'd never miss a game!

My son isn't a sports fan (he's a musician), but once he got to FSU and went to a basketball & football game, he's learned to love it, and gets to a lot of games.  We need to get these kids that aren't big sports fans to the games & convert them into long term USF fans (and ideally, new season ticket holders).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

59 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Since she's not living on campus this year I don't think she's been on campus this week at all .... except for Tuesday when she worked the MSOC game. In the irony of ironies, she's interning this year with Athletics for her Marketing major.

48 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That's really cool. You must be proud.

There are times, though .... like when, late in the Spring Semester, she had the interview for the internship and I had to tell her where the Selmon Athletic Center was .... and then again this week when she asked where Corbett Field was. :facepalm:

What is cool, though, is that she plays USF Club volleyball and gets to play representing the colors ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Huh is at least open, saw a bunch of folks talk about the food. 

**** I was in Epsilon (E-City) 08-09 and had several friends in "Dirty Delta."

Haha we were the guys who were always drunk on the 2nd floor.  

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, BullsBoltsJagsRays said:

I was the guy living across from you on the second.  Heck y'all even had a cat.  Frisco? If I remember correctly

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, BullsBoltsJagsRays said:

We were always partying outside in the cancer hut. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Yes, Beacon Hall and Summit Hall are open.  I'm not sure if The Hub (dining hall) or The Fit (fitness center) are yet, but they're supposed to be this fall.  The other three (Pinnacle Hall, Horizon Hall, and Endeavor Hall) are scheduled to open fall 2018.  Publix is scheduled for spring 2018.

Need to nickname these Bacon and Sausage.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Worst part of dorm life back then was the only food service on sundays was brunch. By 7:00pm I was hungry as hell. I see that policy has changed and the food service is open almost 24 hours a day now. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Delta Hall 99-00

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Worst part of dorm life back then was the only food service on sundays was brunch. By 7:00pm I was hungry as hell. I see that policy has changed and the food service is open almost 24 hours a day now. 

I work on campus for a week or so a year with the Pre-College students and we do almost all our meals a Juniper Poplar. It is absolutely lights out for food. Champions Choice, from what I hear, is much better once the everything gets back in action and all the athletes are back on campus and they put in a some effort. But it was a fun this year when I took my group by and one of the football coaches was there just sitting at a table by the door with a giant spreadsheet checking off which players came in, when, and telling them what to eat and logging it. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

8 hours ago, usfdude22 said:

Are the new Dorms open yet? I lived in Zeta in the Andros complex...class of 2012...

CLASS OF 2012!