• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Buzz on Campus?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, FarEastBull said:

Classes start next week, according to the academic calendar. I wonder if there's any buzz in the dorms and on campus about all the football hype?

Old(er) Bulls, wouldn't you love to be a freshman living in the dorms again? My freshman year was 1989: USF football was but a distant dream.

1985 I moved into Beta Hall.  Would have loved to have a football team.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

Moved into Delta hall in '09.  Man what a first season, not quite '07-8 but I was hooked after that.  Then Skip happened.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, Rizman said:

You and I were in Beta at the same time. Glad it is still standing with all of the changes that have gone on through the years. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was four years prior to you and football was not even a discussion on campus. The fall really was boring for me but we all followed the nfl religiously at that time to compensate. Yes, to be a freshman today...

You and I were there at the same tîme!  I remember moving into my dorm (iota) and thinking how cool it was.  The new dorms on campus are amazing and make the old quad look like prison (glad they are all being torn down because they remind people of the civil war)

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just left the campus.  Went to the bookstore to get some new gear for the roadie to SJSU.  They had some nice stuff on sale and then got the alumni discount :GoBulls:.  Lots of activity and people moving around campus however we didn't converse with too many people.  Hopefully all those bodies I saw walking around campus make it out to RayJay this season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Daughter just moving a little off campus and when I asked if she was going to the rally, response .... "What rally?" Honestly, it's been a pretty hectic couple days moving into new place that's been an adventure .... Assuming, hoping, there are tons of students more engaged than she is.

4 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

The, "week of welcome" is plastered all over campus.  If any students doesn't know about it, it's usually because they don't care enough.  BTW, my son is the same way.

Since she's not living on campus this year I don't think she's been on campus this week at all .... except for Tuesday when she worked the MSOC game. In the irony of ironies, she's interning this year with Athletics for her Marketing major.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Since she's not living on campus this year I don't think she's been on campus this week at all .... except for Tuesday when she worked the MSOC game. In the irony of ironies, she's interning this year with Athletics for her Marketing major.

That's really cool. You must be proud. Taking my daughter (HS junior) with me to USF for homecoming as she is very interested in attending. Fingers crossed that is where she goes. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I was always buzzed on campus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, Rizman said:

To this day, I still can't forget the old Beta Hall elevator. That was something else!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Yes, Beacon Hall and Summit Hall are open.  I'm not sure if The Hub (dining hall) or The Fit (fitness center) are yet, but they're supposed to be this fall.  The other three (Pinnacle Hall, Horizon Hall, and Endeavor Hall) are scheduled to open fall 2018.  Publix is scheduled for spring 2018.

Huh is at least open, saw a bunch of folks talk about the food. 

2 hours ago, BullsBoltsJagsRays said:

Moved into Delta hall in '09.  Man what a first season, not quite '07-8 but I was hooked after that.  Then Skip happened.

**** I was in Epsilon (E-City) 08-09 and had several friends in "Dirty Delta."