• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I'd be interested in seeing a "break even" or even a "loss" study on an OCS vs our current and future rental agreements. 

Hard to beat a top notch NFL stadium where Super Bowls are played.  Ray Jay is more centrally located than our campus and the amenities are second to none. 

I'm all for an OCS when it makes financial sense.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I take advantage of any opportunity for me to post these...

USF-Oregon-Stadium-1.png

USF-Oregon-Stadium-2.png

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

34 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Agreed that they two different events.  However, we have a state of the art, on campus hoops arena and can't get 10K to come see a game.  10K is 25% of 40K. 

The build it and they will come mentality is a movie tag line, nothing more.  Show me we can put 40K in seats every game no matter the opponent and I'll be the first to write a check for an OCS.  Until then, I can't see it.

Go Bulls!

I mean, football is much more of an event than basketball. I don't think attendance will drop drastically with a OCS

I think the OCS plans by the school are more about developing the campus than just putting butts in seats.

i agree that now is a real time to do it IF you're going to do it

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Wish I could conduct a poll.

1.) Who thinks an OCS needs to be built regardless of the cost and amenities?

2.) Who thinks an OCS like the one proposed in the feasibility study is the way to go, regardless if the financing is there right now or in the immediate future?

3.) Who thinks RayJay is the best option and an OCS should not be in the plan? 

4.) Who thinks regardless what happens, USF already failed for not building an OCS a decade ago?

Seems like we have a high variation of opinions here, and to be fair, TBP is a great microcosm of the market. We have students, alumni, season ticket holders, parents, married folks, single folks, men, women (??), occasional attendees, diehard attendees and out of towners all contributing here. I'd really like to see what the overall statistical opinion is on the board. @Brad is this something you could produce?

I would love to have an OCS if the money is there, but I think it's unfair to blame the President and Provost for not allocating state funds or donor dollars targeted towards education or campus renovation as opposed to using that for a stadium or the football program. Now, USF just fund raised 1B dollars in the unstoppable campaign, so clearly fundraising is possible; but are there donors specifically willing to donate for an OCS? Only Harlan and his staff know that question. And I would venture to guess that the feasibility study wouldn't of had a meeting if they didn't think it wasn't possible. 

Also UCF has had football longer than USF, that creates alumni who have watched football longer than USF. That is a factor. If you graduated USF in 1980, there's no guarantee you would instantly become a diehard USF football fan. Our fan and alumni base starts in 1996 and we have a state of the art facility to play football unlike some schools who have started around us and don't have them. This is also a factor. I'm sure funds could be moved around to build an erector set of USF did not have a place to play football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

26 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Seems like we have a high variation of opinions here, and to be fair, TBP is a great microcosm of the market. We have students, alumni, season ticket holders, parents, married folks, single folks, men, women (??), occasional attendees, diehard attendees and out of towners all contributing here. I'd really like to see what the overall statistical opinion is on the board. @Brad is this something you could produce?

You can start a new  poll in the same way you start a new topic.

image.png.b27ac32d2fd298db71003f5d1b2f3250.png

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Does anybody know offhand how much we profit from our games played at Raymond James? Just doing the math, let's say we go with 40-45K and keep 8-10K for students. Let's use a base ticket sales of 35K. 35K x (let's say) an average ticket price of $50 (it's probably higher than that, but let's play the lower end), comes out to over $12 million, just in ticket sales, without the Glazers/TSA getting any cut of that. Throw in concessions, parking, suite sales, naming rights and advertising at the stadium, it seems like there's a crapload of money to be made there.

I'm in the mindset of, build it when we can afford to do it right, I love the comforts of RayJay, but it seems like there's a s--tload of money potentially on the table. But then, I don't know off the top how much we make in profit playing at RayJay

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I'm digging this fan made conceptual design.

That footprint is excellent and really only a hardscape issue that shouldn't be that expensive.  The horns could designate the Bull Zone areas.  Send that to Harlan.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Context!  Correct, talking about attendance numbers 10 years ago to either justify or not justify an OCS is meaningless.  Glad we could agree on that.  Now, talking about 2007 attendance in 2008 or so would have been meaningful.  

image.png.27f26c93b8844ad8c45f0b8455dadd05.png