• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For you OCS fans.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Sorry ... there's absolutely nothing nice about Ingles.  Check that, other than their guacamole, which is something I heard recently.

Not enough to save them, imo.

The Renovated/new Ingles are nicer than any Publix I have ever seen.   They have better produce for sure, I'd argue their deli is equitable since they use the same suppliers but I know how this board feels about Publix Subs so I'll let that go.  They have a better beer section by a long shot too but that's probably bc they are based out of Asheville and nothing personal against Publix.  There are still a few of the old ones from the 50's-60's around though, so if that's what you're familiar with then I can't blame you for feeling that way.  Honestly Publix's jam is the bakery and deli, outside of that they are on par with just about any other grocery store except more costly.  

12 hours ago, Mission9 said:

I was not referring to you personally, just your fellow fans in general.  You must not have visited boneyardbanter.com or the AAC fanpage on facebook.  The negative comments are quite common from a group of fans who like to point out how many and great they are while belittling other schools in the conference.

I don't utilize facebook anymore, though it sounds like you are describing facebook crowds-not specific to any particular school.  I have been to boneyardbanter, though I am not a contributor.  I don't see any vitriol or negativity there that hasn't been equaled or surpassed here at times fwiw.  I would have to say that IN GENERAL I do see more blind faith on their side, and everything that comes with that.  Overall I think that's a good thing, passion and whatnot.  It does have downsides though.

Edited by ECUshoein
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

5 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

This was part of Judy's fall speech today, talking about the one they just announced about a month ago.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Another feasibility study?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, chrisdashley said:

Another feasibility study?

Followed by a SWOT analysis, a strategic plan, a document analysis, focus group studies, interviews, workshops, and integration into the overall business plan. Then and only then will we examin location...

• 8 months later...

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

Looks like SDSU is going for a similar quality OCS.

In April, the school unveiled a proposal for a brand new, $250 million stadium in Mission Valley, about seven miles west. The school’s plan is to make the stadium part of a satellite campus, called SDSU West. It would feature 95,000 square feet of campus and neighborhood-serving retail shops and businesses.

The stadium would be a community resource, available to host collegiate football, professional and collegiate soccer, NCAA championship games, concerts and other events. Plans include the option to expand to 55,000 seats to accommodate professional football, should an NFL team return to San Diego.

Screen_Shot_2018_05_28_at_1.42.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018_05_28_at_1.43.25_PM.png

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/29/17367492/san-diego-state-football-stadium-sdsu-west-los-angles-chargers

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Looks like SDSU is going for a similar quality OCS.

In April, the school unveiled a proposal for a brand new, $250 million stadium in Mission Valley, about seven miles west. The school’s plan is to make the stadium part of a satellite campus, called SDSU West. It would feature 95,000 square feet of campus and neighborhood-serving retail shops and businesses.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/29/17367492/san-diego-state-football-stadium-sdsu-west-los-angles-chargers

Perfect, just declare the Ray Jay area a satellite campus.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

47 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

We can put classroom trailers all around it...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

34 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We can put classroom trailers all around it...

This could be a better idea than you think. Just annex HJC into the USF family... BOOM!

It's already expanded to include a minor league NFL team.

• Haha 1