• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ICYMI: Coach Strong, players postgame pressers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

51 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He left for cash and a much better chance to win a national championship. If fans played any role, it was there weren't enough showing support ...

Not to mention almost unlimited resources for his program thanks to uncle Phil. Not that it should need it but for reference Leavitt is making 1.15 million/yr as his DC that would've been almost  half of Taggart's assistant pool at USF. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

He left for cash and a much better chance to win a national championship. If fans played any role, it was there weren't enough showing support ...

If you had to pick between those, which do you think had the largest role in his leaving?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

If you had to pick between those, which do you think had the largest role in his leaving?

Picked.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Picked.

I'd go with 1) cash 2) better chance to win a national championship 3) the fans.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think cash was the prime desire. Of course it mattered, but USF didn't even get a chance to counter offer once the offer was made. He wants to win a national championship and compete at the absolute highest level. When he first got here he still could do that. I don't get why people are upset with him. It happens all the time. Look at Houston or Cincy  and how many of their coaches moved on.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I don't think cash was the prime desire. Of course it mattered, but USF didn't even get a chance to counter offer once the offer was made. He wants to win a national championship and compete at the absolute highest level. When he first got here he still could do that. I don't get why people are upset with him. It happens all the time. Look at Houston or Cincy  and how many of their coaches moved on.

While I can't speak for everyone, I am not sure it is an issue of being mad.  More so the feeling/thought that he accomplished so many great things while here.  Yes, he did pull us out of the Holtz dumpster fire, BUT, zero CC championships and technically, zero post season wins.  CWT lives a charmed life, UWK to here and here to Oregon with probably the lightest resume ever for a coach taking over a top 10 program (arguably).

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

While I can't speak for everyone, I am not sure it is an issue of being mad.  More so the feeling/thought that he accomplished so many great things while here.  Yes, he did pull us out of the Holtz dumpster fire, BUT, zero CC championships and technically, zero post season wins.  CWT lives a charmed life, UWK to here and here to Oregon with probably the lightest resume ever for a coach taking over a top 10 program (arguably).

But the mofo can recruit.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

But the mofo can recruit.

No doubt!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

How is his resume considered that light though? He turned around a WKU football program that was one of if not the worst programs in the country when he took over and got them to bowl eligibility in 3 years; upon leaving WKU he left them loaded and primed for succes. He then took over a USF program who was one of the worst in the country and again brought us to a bowl game in 3 years before leading us to the best record in program history in year 4; upon leaving he left USF absolutely loaded and primed to continue that success for the foreseeable future. Has he won a bowl game? Nope. Has he won a conference championship? Nope. But that is only due to the fact that he continues to look for the next "better" opportunity. Like was posted previously; when he got to USF we were atleast still at the big boy table with a chance of winning NCAA Championships; that was robbed from him and us just 2 short months later. I for one think Taggart will be fine at Oregon and think that since he is now at a university with a realistic chance at playing for championships he will finally stick around long enough to reap the rewards from all of his hard work; something he didn't get a chance to do at WKU or here as his career aspirations have as far as I can tell have been to be the first African American coach to win an NCAA Championship. The "losing career record" and such arguments hold 0 weight when looking at the miracles he has achieved at both WKU and USF. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

For every one of those who embellished with the "he accomplished so many great things while here"  there are those who basically give him little credit for what he actually did do here, turning the program back around and having the best reg season in the history of the program. That he does probably have the lightest resume of a coach taking over a top 10 program (arguably) has absolutely nothing to do with what he did here and it's hard to not classify someone bringing that as just "being mad".