• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another one Bites The Dust

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I do agree with you that if a coach should leave the player should have the same opportunity without sitting

While on the one hand it would be a fair thing to do, it may to leave to a lot more situations like we've gone though the last two coaching changes ... wholesale gutting of teams. I think the flexibility to leave without losing a year of eligibility, just sitting out a year, is a good compromise.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We have what? 4 players on the roster? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Gousfbulls.com has pulled the roster off the board but these are the ones from last year's eoy roster who I haven't heard of leaving:

Da Silva

Holston

Manderson

Alvarado (WO)

Beard (WO)

Brown (New signee)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Gousfbulls.com has pulled the roster off the board but these are the ones from last year's eoy roster who I haven't heard of leaving:

Da Silva

Holston

Manderson

Alvarado (WO)

Beard (WO)

Brown (New signee)

I think this plus the grad transfers and a couple of more guys (perhaps jucos) will be what we roll with this season.  From the looks of it coach is training with the remaining guys.  I think the exodus is complete.  I heard Holston is happy with the new coach fwiw.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If a kid thinks that their is no chance that their coach could leave then they are just plain stupid. Calling a coach who leaves for better pay is lying but a coach has no way of knowing if they will get a better offer the next season. The kid being recruited needs to do their homework to see what the chance of that happening is. I would never look down on someone who is going to get paid more. I do agree with you that if a coach should leave the player should have the same opportunity without sitting.

Is it stupid to believe a coach when he says I'm committed to this school, this program, and my players? I'm not going to call them an out right liar, but as you said, in fairness if one can leave than the other should be able to as well

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/16/2017 at 0:07 PM, Who'sYourData? said:
On 4/15/2017 at 9:07 PM, Rex Havoc said:

I also thought it was funny how he said he grew as a man...real men don't quit during tough times. 

Real men know when it is time to move on

DJ doesn't quit tough times. Tough times tried to quit DJ, but he wouldn't allow it. Let that be a lesson to new recruits. Be like DJ.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, JoshuaG said:

Is it stupid to believe a coach when he says I'm committed to this school, this program, and my players? I'm not going to call them an out right liar, but as you said, in fairness if one can leave than the other should be able to as well

Maybe not stupid, but it sure is naïve of any kid to think his coach is going to stay for a long time. They should have enough intelligence to know that coaches move all the time. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

20 hours ago, bcgruber said:

Glad Bibby is gone.  He wasn't going to get any PT.  Very marginal D1 player.  Was going to get exposed for all his shortcomings.  Players are much better that are coming in then the ones leaving.  Hope DaSilva stays but heard he and holston have 1 foot out the door.  Starting from scratch doesn't look like such a bad thing.  next years team will be much better then this years team already.  To my surprise Gregory is doing a great job so far

I agree about Bibby...  but Holston and DaSilva are actually staying.  They're practicing with the "team" right now... or what there is of one.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

3 on 3?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

On 4/17/2017 at 6:38 PM, Brad said:

3 on 3?

Maybe some of the WBB team are running with them.  j/k