• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another one Bites The Dust

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

You're one of them.  Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Vega said:

Other then Fitts leaving I don't see the big deal in the others. The coaching staff seems to be heading in the right direction and if a few more players commit that they are on then the team will be upgraded talent wise. We'll see how things play out.

Yeah... and considering we just got another grad transfer who is a point guard doesn't hurt.  

This guy... Stephan Jiggetts... to me he looks better than any guard we had playing last season. 

Oh yeah... this happened

This coach is building his own team. I think he's cleaning house.

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 12.29.22 PM.png

Edited by Calibull
wouldn't show tweet
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

Yeah... and considering we just got another grad transfer who is a point guard doesn't hurt.  

This guy... Stephan Jiggetts... to me he looks better than any guard we had playing last season. 

Agreed, as he's a much more aggressive guard.  No disrespect, but our guards for the last several years seemed soft against better teams.  As a result, we got bullied a lot.  McMurray & Holston could score, but Bibby was soft (admittedly, a true freshman), so I'm looking forward to seeing some tough, seasoned guys hell build this team up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

5 hours ago, Brad said:

You're one of them.  Thanks. 

So are you.  Thanks.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

What is interesting to me is that at the end of the last game of this year if you told me there would me a mass exodus of players. After watching all year (I think I missed one home game) .... if someone said name a few players who won't be back, the first 3 names I would have said I think are still on the roster. If someone said name a few players who would likely stay at USF I would have named 3 players, and now they are all gone. 

I guess this shows I have no idea. 

Wishing Mike (and anyone who gave effort on behalf of USF and chose to leave, as long as they left the right way) the best in his future endeavors. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,611
  • Content Count:  74,532
  • Days Won:  422

I'm still waiting for the DaSilva shoe to drop ...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And, Holston, don't you think?  The main reason Holston might stay is that he's a senior (unless he'll graduate early, and grad transfer) and sitting means an extra year of college (and uncertainty).

I'd imagine folks will make decisions soon, while options are available, unless they are waiting to see what holes open at other schools.  

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Agreed, as he's a much more aggressive guard.  No disrespect, but our guards for the last several years seemed soft against better teams.  As a result, we got bullied a lot.  McMurray & Holston could score, but Bibby was soft (admittedly, a true freshman), so I'm looking forward to seeing some tough, seasoned guys hell build this team up.

Exactly... this guy can create his own shot and he looks comfortable dribbling in traffic.  Also he statistically commits waaaaay few turnovers.  I think he's the first pure point guard we had since Collins.  I am pretty impressed with coach Gregory and the way he's going about it.  He seems to have a plan and that's very encouraging.  Also I think the parts coming in are better than the parts leaving.  It was just the opposite when OA took over. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't think he's in a good position to transfer.  He had qualification problems which is why he sat his first season.   Besides, if the coach watched tape, which I'm sure he did, he'd DaSilva is one of the guys he'd probably make a push to keep.  I just don't think he was that interested in some players and let that be known.  

Edited by Calibull