• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another one Bites The Dust

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

Glad Bibby is gone.  He wasn't going to get any PT.  Very marginal D1 player.  Was going to get exposed for all his shortcomings.  Players are much better that are coming in then the ones leaving.  Hope DaSilva stays but heard he and holston have 1 foot out the door.  Starting from scratch doesn't look like such a bad thing.  next years team will be much better then this years team already.  To my surprise Gregory is doing a great job so far

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

5 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Glad Bibby is gone.  He wasn't going to get any PT.  Very marginal D1 player.  Was going to get exposed for all his shortcomings.  Players are much better that are coming in then the ones leaving.  Hope DaSilva stays but heard he and holston have 1 foot out the door.  Starting from scratch doesn't look like such a bad thing.  next years team will be much better then this years team already.  To my surprise Gregory is doing a great job so far

It'd be hard to be worse, but the team COA put together lacked cohesion.  It's going to be a struggle next season, but I like the direction Coach Gregory is taking.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, bcgruber said:

Although that won't take a helluvalot, not sure what you're basing that on at this point in time .... especially if you're thinking DaSilva and Holston won't be here. It may end up being better when all is said and done but there's nothing pointing in that direction right now .... but sign Big Nik and that would be a huge, pun intended, step.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm still waiting for the DaSilva shoe to drop ...

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

I don't think he's in a good position to transfer.  He had qualification problems which is why he sat his first season.   Besides, if the coach watched tape, which I'm sure he did, he'd DaSilva is one of the guys he'd probably make a push to keep.  I just don't think he was that interested in some players and let that be known.  

That makes sense about DaSilva and the qualification problems possibly keeping him here .... may be the same with Manderson, whose absence during most of conf play may have been grade related .... and if CBG watched tape, he would have pushed to keep, minimum, Fitts and Santos, besides DaSilva.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That makes sense about DaSilva and the qualification problems possibly keeping him here .... may be the same with Manderson, whose absence during most of conf play may have been grade related .... and if CBG watched tape, he would have pushed to keep, minimum, Fitts and Santos, besides DaSilva.

I agree though II kinda expected Fitts to leave in all honesty.  He's from out here and was underrated and unknown outside of LA even though he had a really good game.  I think he'll likely come back out west and I also think he would have transferred even if Antigua came back.  I was really surprised when he went to USF tbo... but hey... it is what it is.

Guest PCBull14
18 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

The number of transfers lately has been out of control (not just at USF). 

The transfers is not what I was responding. Is that generalized statement that was made about what a "real man" is. What ever the hell a term even refers. 

Regarding transfers, no different then coaches moving around. Hell if they can show up for a season promise to coach someones kid their whole college career, then bolt as soon as a payday comes around...the athlete shouldn't be punished for lying adults. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

this is great.gives new coach a chance too build quicker.he can offer recruits immediate playing time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I think if a kid has done what he needs to do to graduate, and wants to play ball somewhere else, why punish him and say no?

Grad transfers play hard at their new school more times than not, have actually finished their degree, and are seeking an opportunity to feel the game at the college level for the last time. I don't see that they should be restrained. For the normal transfer, I feel that the chance to lose a student keeps the relationship between student and coach honest. If a student feels like they aren't in a good situation then they should be capable to make that decision.

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Here's to the "Grad Five" taking us to the Final Four next season.

635671964751424854-Fab-Five.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

The transfers is not what I was responding. Is that generalized statement that was made about what a "real man" is. What ever the hell a term even refers. 

Regarding transfers, no different then coaches moving around. Hell if they can show up for a season promise to coach someones kid their whole college career, then bolt as soon as a payday comes around...the athlete shouldn't be punished for lying adults. 

If a kid thinks that their is no chance that their coach could leave then they are just plain stupid. Calling a coach who leaves for better pay is lying but a coach has no way of knowing if they will get a better offer the next season. The kid being recruited needs to do their homework to see what the chance of that happening is. I would never look down on someone who is going to get paid more. I do agree with you that if a coach should leave the player should have the same opportunity without sitting.