• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls to get their own locker room at RJS.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

What idiots are running the RJS renovations??? For them to not include overhangs to shade the fans is pretty shortsighted thinking. Bucs & USF fans will continue to skip out on those hot day games because that terrible stadium has no shade to most of the stadium. I salute the Miami Dolphins for doing it right with their renovations which now has shade for most of the fans. Bucs strike out on this. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

16 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Glazers just chop-blocked the OCS.

They're building a new lockerroom for the Bucs, and they don't want us in it. Not sure how this chop blocks an OCS.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Truly, I don't see the locker room as much as a perk from a player's perspective. We literally spend two hours tops in and out of the locker room on game day prior to the kickoff and then 45 minutes after the game before clearing out and loading up on the buses.

Literally, your biggest concern as a player is making sure you have everything from your practice locker that is located on campus at Raymond James Stadium on game day (you always wonder if you forgot something). To be frank, those lockers at Raymond James are more cluttered than what USF had on campus for players (and that would go all the way back to my days prior to the Lee Roy Selmon athletic center being built).

The one benefit would be if the USF training staff can keep a bunch of supplies over there throughout the season without having to move it back and forth on game day. I can't see anything else that is overwhelmingly positive - just seems like the Bucs are throwing some scraps out to USF (and I'm not anti-Bucs - just my take on the overall big picture).  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

What idiots are running the RJS renovations??? For them to not include overhangs to shade the fans is pretty shortsighted thinking. Bucs & USF fans will continue to skip out on those hot day games because that terrible stadium has no shade to most of the stadium. I salute the Miami Dolphins for doing it right with their renovations which now has shade for most of the fans. Bucs strike out on this. 

How much shade is at the Swamp or Doak or in Tuscaloosa or ... Doesn't seem to stop them from filling their stadiums in September. The Bucs once had a waiting list of nearly 10 years for tickets, it was hot then too.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

20 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Glazers just chop-blocked the OCS.

Nah, they just threw us a bone. Don't be fooled by their pittance; their focus is mortgaging the crap out of the Bucs to keep Man U. going.  

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

23 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Don't be fooled by their pittance; their focus is mortgaging the crap out of the Bucs to keep Man U. going.  

This is patently untrue, but you're a Fins fan, so I get it.  Just an FYI.  

3 hours ago, Joe said:

They're building a new lockerroom for the Bucs, and they don't want us in it. Not sure how this chop blocks an OCS.

The Glazers have no stake in USF, only in the Bucs.  USF has their very own locker room at Ray Jay that they can do whatever they want with.  Club members will also have more space.

How this is not a chop block to an OCS off of Fowler/Fletcher, I'd love for someone to tell me.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

You guys are reading this the opposite of me. 

I see this as, Bucs don't want USF in their nice new locker room, so we get the leftover space. (not that I blame them) ... but if my tax dollars are building the new Bucs locker room, I want my tax dollars to spend just as much renovating the new USF locker room to be just as nice (and it should be larger, since we have twice as many players as the Bucs.)

I agree with this for sure.  Is that a TSA issue?  Hopefully USF can get some assistance to make their new locker room badass, if taxpayer $ is getting thrown around.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

14 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Well, in active duty I was permanent overseas.  I was deployed in the reserves, but that was only for two weeks at a time.

Then you should know the wonderful world of the shack baby... port-a-johns in the heat were the worse though

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

The Glazers have no stake in USF, only in the Bucs.  USF has their very own locker room at Ray Jay that they can do whatever they want with.  Club members will also have more space.

How this is not a chop block to an OCS off of Fowler/Fletcher, I'd love for someone to tell me.  

To my knowledge, the locker room and Club space at RayJay has never been a factor in the want/need for an ocs. Don't see how this affects the ocs at all.

• Upvote 1