• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls to get their own locker room at RJS.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

The Glazers have no stake in USF, only in the Bucs.  USF has their very own locker room at Ray Jay that they can do whatever they want with.  Club members will also have more space.

How this is not a chop block to an OCS off of Fowler/Fletcher, I'd love for someone to tell me.  

Preach!  

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,310
  • Days Won:  10

Good for the players.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

To my knowledge, the locker room and Club space at RayJay has never been a factor in the want/need for an ocs. Don't see how this affects the ocs at all.

I'm pretty sure some of the argument has been that the Bulls don't have their own space.  Now they do.  Also, with more room in da Club, it's gonna be really hard for those who get used to that to deal with what will almost certainly be less room/perks than that which will be at Ray Jay.  

Also, if taxpayer $ is going towards this, that's just that much less USF can depend on coming from the citizens' pockets for an OCS.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

To my knowledge, the locker room and Club space at RayJay has never been a factor in the want/need for an ocs. Don't see how this affects the ocs at all.

This.  None of the that is going to stop USF from building an OCS if they deem it financially and intangibly beneficial.  

"Well, we were going to invest in this financially viable facility that will also cause a huge culture change for the University but we got a new locker room and the club section was expanded at Rayjay.  Time to throw all the research into the trash and scrap any plans"  

Yes, the Glazers have zero obligation to USF but if the USF administration deems an OCS a worthy venture it will happen, if they don't we will continue to rent.  New locker room/expanded club or not.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

I don't see the affecting our plan for an OCS once we have the funds to do so and the ability to fill it up. It's nice that we get our own locker room but I don't see it affecting our decision on whether we build an OCS or not.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I loved how Joe Robbie stadium utilized the Marlins locker room space, so maybe that could be an option down the road for Ray Jay. The Ford sideline club allowed you inside an area with food, A/C, and a glass wall that you could watch the cheerleaders warm up... I haven't been to the new stadium yet to see how all of that has changed...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

13 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm pretty sure some of the argument has been that the Bulls don't have their own space.  Now they do.  Also, with more room in da Club, it's gonna be really hard for those who get used to that to deal with what will almost certainly be less room/perks than that which will be at Ray Jay.  

Also, if taxpayer $ is going towards this, that's just that much less USF can depend on coming from the citizens' pockets for an OCS.  

Dozer pretty much spelled it out ... the only things that could possibly affect the need/want for the ocs would be USF getting a lot better financial deal and/or RayJay is treated more like Heinz set up in Pittsburgh with permanent cosmetic work that gives it more of a USF feel. Don't see either of those things happening.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

29 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

I don't see the affecting our plan for an OCS once we have the funds to do so and the ability to fill it up. It's nice that we get our own locker room but I don't see it affecting our decision on whether we build an OCS or not.

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Dozer pretty much spelled it out ... the only things that could possibly affect the need/want for the ocs would be USF getting a lot better financial deal and/or RayJay is treated more like Heinz set up in Pittsburgh with permanent cosmetic work that gives it more of a USF feel. Don't see either of those things happening.

Look, here's the deal.  Until we get an OCS, there's always going to be a want for one.  There are some great arguments for an OCS being a need, but right now, the needs are overall being met, so OCS is a want right now, rather than a need.  Now, USF is getting its own space within Ray Jay, presumably with which to do whatever it pleases, so another want is being met.  

The fact that public funds are (likely) to be used to finance the changes to Ray Jay mean less $ that could potentially go to OCS, because we all know USF doesn't have the capital as of right now to build one without a serious mortgage.  And right now, USF will have to come up with a strong lion's share of the $ for an OCS.  I'm thinking 75% or more.  

I agree with Trip, I don't see those things he mentioned happening either, but it's exacerbated by this new setup that's taking place at Ray Jay.  It's clear as day to me.  I also agree that once we have the funds and the ability to fill up an OCS, we'll do it.  That's probably the captain obvious statement of the century.

@Bull Dozer no one is saying scrap the OCS plans.  I admire the hyperbole, but that's what that is.  OCS was already on the back burner, it's just going to stay there a good while longer - all I'm saying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Look, here's the deal.  Until we get an OCS, there's always going to be a want for one.  There are some great arguments for an OCS being a need, but right now, the needs are overall being met, so OCS is a want right now, rather than a need.  Now, USF is getting its own space within Ray Jay, presumably with which to do whatever it pleases, so another want is being met.  

The fact that public funds are (likely) to be used to finance the changes to Ray Jay mean less $ that could potentially go to OCS, because we all know USF doesn't have the capital as of right now to build one without a serious mortgage.  And right now, USF will have to come up with a strong lion's share of the $ for an OCS.  I'm thinking 75% or more.  

I agree with Trip, I don't see those things he mentioned happening either, but it's exacerbated by this new setup that's taking place at Ray Jay.  It's clear as day to me.  I also agree that once we have the funds and the ability to fill up an OCS, we'll do it.  That's probably the captain obvious statement of the century.

@Bull Dozer no one is saying scrap the OCS plans.  I admire the hyperbole, but that's what that is.  OCS was already on the back burner, it's just going to stay there a good while longer - all I'm saying. 

Yes, it's on the back burner but these moves will have nothing to do with how long it stays there.  It will stay on the back burner for the same reasons it always has (fan $upport doesn't demand it or show clearly that it's a sustainable model) not because there are Rayjay upgrades.  If we start packing the lower bowel for every home game, opening the top bowl for marquee games, getting a decent amount of fans up there too, and grow our donor base a stadium will come in short order.   As for the public money, we missed the window when the public & legislators were less mindful of using tax payer money to fund stadiums so I think we would be footing the lion's not matter what.  This move does not change anything when it comes to USF.  The story is the same as it always has been USF will get OCS when the fans and donors step up and support the program in a way that it's sustainable.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

OCS was already on the back burner, it's just going to stay there a good while longer - all I'm saying. 

If that's all you're saying then we're good..... but if you're additionally saying that it's going to stay on the back burner that good while longer because of these RJ renovations we're still going to have to agree to disagree. Nothing points to that. 

• Upvote 2