• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN thinks we go 13-0!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Who said anything about being mad?

Why is there a zero chance that a 3 loss SEC or B1G Champ makes the playoff ahead of an undefeated USF with an easy schedule/horrible SOS?

Because there's never even been a 2 loss team to make the playoffs and I am confident the committee isn't going to be placing any 3 loss teams in the final 4 either. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

10 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Who said anything about being mad?

Why is there a zero chance that a 3 loss SEC or B1G Champ makes the playoff ahead of an undefeated USF with an easy schedule/horrible SOS?

7 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

It's hard enough for a three loss B1G champ to make the playoffs as is; ask Penn State. If a three loss team makes the playoffs it's time to get rid of the playoffs all together. That said yes a three loss OSU makes the playoffs before a G5 school. 

It's a moot point anyway.  There would have to be only three, P5 teams with 2 or less losses for it to even come into play, and that is highly unlikely.

7 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

It's hard enough for a three loss B1G champ to make the playoffs as is; ask Penn State. If a three loss team makes the playoffs it's time to get rid of the playoffs all together. That said yes a three loss OSU makes the playoffs before a G5 school. 

Penn State got the shaft for being a two loss team. What you'd get instead of a 3 loss conference champ in the playoffs is the same thing that happened this past year, an at-large team with a better record from the same conference. 

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Because there's never even been a 2 loss team to make the playoffs and I am confident the committee isn't going to be placing any 3 loss teams in the final 4 either. 

So there's never been a 2 loss team in the whole 2 years that there has been a playoff.  That doesn't set much precedent. 

My point is I do not have any faith that the ESPN/NCAA would do anything to hurt their profit margin and putting USF in the playoff does just that.

3 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

So there's never been a 2 loss team in the whole 2 years that there has been a playoff.  That doesn't set much precedent. 

My point is I do not have any faith that the ESPN/NCAA would do anything to hurt their profit margin and putting USF in the playoff does just that.

And in 16 years of the BCS you had 1 team with 2 losses play for the title. So yeah, two decades sets decent precedent.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Penn State got the shaft for being a two loss team. What you'd get instead of a 3 loss conference champ in the playoffs is the same thing that happened this past year, an at-large team with a better record from the same conference. 

I thought they were a two loss team then googled their record and it said three losses. Forgot they lost their bowl game; oh well. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

People love upsets and rooting for the underdog. I think the ratings would skyrocket if USF made the playoffs. If we made it that far, more than likely we had a great regular season and news coverage. 

9 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And in 16 years of the BCS you had 1 team with 2 losses play for the title. So yeah, two decades sets decent precedent.

Again, it doesn't matter.  Does anyone actually think that there will ever be a time where there are only three, P5 teams with 2 or less losses?

P5 teams with less than 3 losses at the end of the regular season last year (not including their bowl games):  Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Washington.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Again, it doesn't matter.  Does anyone actually think that there will ever be a time where there are only three, P5 teams with 2 or less losses?

P5 teams with less than 3 losses at the end of the regular season last year (not including their bowl games):  Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Washington.

Thank you, this discussion has just ended.

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thank you, this discussion has just ended.

You must be new here :D