• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

David Reaves Arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

15 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

I didn't think USF should have hired RS, and I believe Oregon is doing the right thing with Reaves.

hired on tuesday dui on saturday

you cant keep him with such poor judgment

oregon is an elite program

coming on the heels of 3 players being hospitalize i submit cwt is lucky he didnt get fired

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I understand why Oregon is moving forward with the termination I just wish sometimes organizations or people in power would show a little more compassion when someone makes a mistake - even a big one.

Sometimes showing some faith in someone that screws up can blow up in your face or it could help turn someone's life around.

He's not a good enough coach for Oregon to pay him $300,000 to wait and hope he turns his life around.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, JTrue said:
12 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I understand why Oregon is moving forward with the termination I just wish sometimes organizations or people in power would show a little more compassion when someone makes a mistake - even a big one.

Sometimes showing some faith in someone that screws up can blow up in your face or it could help turn someone's life around.

He's not a good enough coach for Oregon to pay him $300,000 to wait and hope he turns his life around.

CWT has too short a leash after the issue with the kids--he had to show immediate action with Oderinde, so he can't look soft in this case either. This is 100% on Reaves--he might have been celebrating the new job and made a dumb mistake, but he was sober enough to plan ahead before it happened. Hard lesson...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

He's a grown man. His actions have consequences. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,034
  • Days Won:  469

On 1/25/2017 at 1:55 PM, Ned A Starr said:

USF hired Rod Strickland despite his 4 DUIs.

Yeah but he came packaged with Antigua, and together they were to deliver Kentucky-level success to the desperate.  You can't say "no" to that, can you?

Reaves made a bad decision.  Harmed himself.  Had a potential to harm others.  

DUI is hot topic with MADD and other zealots in years past. Everybody's tough on it.  Probably too tough.  Out here it absolutely destroys your life, business and family.

Individuals carry out more horrific crimes on their fellow man with lesser punishment.  Turns commom sense and law upside down. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Yeah but he came packaged with Antigua, and together they were to deliver Kentucky-level success to the desperate.  You can't say "no" to that, can you?

Reaves made a bad decision.  Harmed himself.  Had a potential to harm others.  

DUI is hot topic with MADD and other zealots in years past. Everybody's tough on it.  Probably too tough.  Out here it absolutely destroys your life, business and family.

Individuals carry out more horrific crimes on their fellow man with lesser punishment.  Turns commom sense and law upside down. 

DWI is akin to putting a bullet in a chamber pointing the gun at someone and pulling the trigger. Maybe someone gets hurt may be not. The laws are fine. 

No law against loading a gun.

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

No law against loading a gun.

How about the pointing it at someone part?

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Is that outlawed?  I think so.  But by that argument my 16 year old kid, my 83 yr old dad and a lot of other people should be banned from highways.

But they aren't.  And people just like them, kill other people while driving cars.  Add people with cell phones to that as well, please.

It's a minority opinion, I get it.  But this isn't the place to debate it.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Is that outlawed?  I think so.  But by that argument my 16 year old kid, my 83 yr old dad and a lot of other people should be banned from highways.

But they aren't.  And people just like them, kill other people while driving cars.  

It's a minority opinion, I get it.  But this isn't the place to debate it.

Not going to but your post was pretty clear so I thought an alternative opinion was warranted. Cheers! 

Edited by NewEnglandBull