• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT and the brand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I mean we never had this issue here and I can't imagine Coach O is doing anything different at Oregon than he did at USF. Makes you wonder what the previous regime at Oregon were doing for strength and conditioning. I did worse in high school; we used to have to do ISO Push-ups every Monday at the end of practice in the amount of penalty yards from Friday. Some weeks that meant over 100 of them and could take well over an hour. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Boys, meet the Oderinde.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Leavitt  plus Taggart Oregon is going to murder people.   Both love player development.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

8 hours ago, 2000bull said:

I guess we didn't win on talent alone. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

An hour of up downs and push ups?  Sounds like a light day of conditioning at high school wrestling practice.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

An hour of up downs and push ups?  Sounds like a light day of conditioning at high school wrestling practice.....

Maybe it was over hot coals?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Feel like this will be an evolving story. It's very dangerous to ever let guys get that bad, but how would Coach O not see that? It's hard to believe he's never had some guys with health issues on his prior teams. What's really strange is seeing a lot of the current/former USF players tweeting about it in jest. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Feel like this will be an evolving story. It's very dangerous to ever let guys get that bad, but how would Coach O not see that? It's hard to believe he's never had some guys with health issues on his prior teams. What's really strange is seeing a lot of the current/former USF players tweeting about it in jest. 

With the few details we have, I am thinking these Oregon players were just not at all conditioned. It only affected 3 players? Out of 80+?... and this never happened at USF or ever before under Taggart or Leavitt? I'm wondering was there some other training happening in addition to the football workouts? When was their last workout before this one? Lots and lots of questions. 

People have gotten this condition from doing crossfit after not doing much activity before, while the rest of the crossfit class is totally fine. It seems to happen when there is a sudden jump in exercise intensity and volume without a buildup period. But being athletes I would expect these guys would be top 1% of fitness and already be well adapted to intense exercise.