• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT and the brand

Guest PCBull14
23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you really supported him during the bad times you wouldn't have bought into the fabrication that the "crappy job" comment was about USF ... and if you don't care about him any more why bother to read and then comment on a thread about him?

You have no clue what it was about do you? The same way trolls continue to post. 

I was one of few on here supporting him from the start. So lets not even begin to go there. 

2-10 Ducks sounds good to me!

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He burned his redshirt trying to use that skill set ...

In an offense that doesn't fit  said skill set... 

That is what I am getting at, he burned his redshirt and took too long to use QF like he should've been used... 

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Did you watch USF games then. When QF was in the game as a freshmen we were using spread principles.  Not well, but we were using them. We have never used a power rush offense with QF behind center. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

On his vision for the offense: ...Quinton and I were watching film and talking, and Quinton said ‘Let me go coach. Let me go,’ And I said ‘All right, I’ll let you go,’ but I said, ‘Just do me one favor. If you don’t have a throw, run.’ He said ‘I got you coach.’ So, I told the receivers, I told all of them, ‘we aren’t going to leave anything on the play call sheet. We are going to run it all. You guys take care of business. Play how you know you’re capable of, play how we know you’re capable of,’ and they did that. They went out and they executed at a high level, and they finished it. They finished the game, and that was good to see. It was good to see the offense come out at halftime and push and drive together and support each other. It was really good to see how when our young team lost momentum and then they gained momentum. When before when they lost momentum it went the other way, but our guys stayed in there and got the momentum back from the other side. It was really good to see that.

On Quinton saying “Let me go”: What I meant by that is, we have some young receivers. The only guy with playing experience is Rodney Adams who is a redshirt sophomore. Then you have a quarterback that is a sophomore who has just started six games. The offense is gelling, and we were trying to play a great defense. We had to run the football, and thought that was going to help us. And our young guys started to mesh together, and that synergy came together offensively. I think what we failed to realize at the time, was that a lot of our defensive players have played a lot of ball together, and that’s why they’re rolling and doing good things. Our offense guys haven’t played a lot together and they’re just taking time to mesh and have that synergy. So, we were kind of bringing them along, and we had them on a leash. Quinton just said ‘take us off the leash coach. We can do this.’ And, I said, ‘You know what, you’re right. You guys are going to make mistakes, and we aren’t going to get down on you when you play hard, and play full speed and put in a lot of effort. Don’t worry about making mistakes.’

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

Did you watch USF games then. When QF was in the game as a freshmen we were using spread principles.  Not well, but we were using them. We have never used a power rush offense with QF behind center. 

I never said a power rush

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

If you really supported him during the bad times you wouldn't have bought into the fabrication that the "crappy job" comment was about USF ... and if you don't care about him any more why bother to read and then comment on a thread about him?

10 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

You have no clue what it was about do you?

I know he's never said anything close to this being a crappy job after leaving here and used Twitter all the time for inspirational stuff like that. Only a extremely thin skinned Bulls fan would think that was referring to here ... you do have company, though.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

He burned his redshirt trying to use that skill set ...

9 hours ago, ForestBull said:

That is what I am getting at, he burned his redshirt and took too long to use QF like he should've been used...

His freshman year, when he was in he wasn't running the same type offense the other qb's were. Like Del said, spread principles, just not very well. CWT didn't get QF full time until August and even though he appeared to know he may have something special, you don't completely revamp your offense right before the season starts. He started using Flowers the way he should starting the next Spring. Brad's CWT quotes shows the thought process of not completely opening up the playbook early the following season ad why he did it when he did.

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

His freshman year, when he was in he wasn't running the same type offense the other qb's were. Like Del said, spread principles, just not very well. CWT didn't get QF full time until August and even though he appeared to know he may have something special, you don't completely revamp your offense right before the season starts. He started using Flowers the way he should starting the next Spring. Brad's CWT quotes shows the thought process of not completely opening up the playbook early the following season ad why he did it when he did.

Lol okay I am done talking about WT. 

It feels like an eternity until football starts back up! I can't wait to see what the new staff has to offer. 

I am also curious to see what rb CS favors. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i hope cs plays the players that give usf the best chance to win

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

3 players hospitalized after "grueling workouts"

Players this week were required to finish the same workouts, which were described by multiple sources as akin to military basic training, with one said to include up to an hour of continuous push-ups and up-downs. The sources said that some players "passed out" and others later complained of discolored urine, which is a common symptom of rhabdomyolysis. After testing, others were found to have highly elevated levels of creatine kinase, an indicator of the syndrome.

These guys must not be used to Willies workouts, but it seems a little odd, that Willie would be working them so much harder than before, and if he even had a hand into what they were doing. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/oregon_ducks_workouts_hospital.html

Edited by footnfan1