• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

San Jose State game

SJSU Game - Let's get this started; please vote and add comments to thread  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

7 hours ago, smazza said:

just put a bullseye on my back

Steve, are you going to make the event Friday night?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Work got crazy here the past couple of months so I went from driving up for the weekend to flying in and out on Saturday. Still get to see the Bulls but none of the extra curriculars. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

On 8/19/2017 at 0:05 AM, Bullschmutz said:

I live in middle of San Francisco. It's actually nearly impossible to get to SJ at a reasonable time.

Easy. Take Friday off.

We are out of here early in the am tomorrow to head out west.  Will try to check on here for updates but look forward to seeing and meeting some of you at the Friday night Alumni event.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

Some info from Inside the Spartans:

Regarding changing locations/visitor seating:

Wait until the end of the 1st Qtr or close to it, then move to open seats you prefer. Security is only on top of things before and just after the game starts, checking tickets, giving directions to seats, etc. After that, they are lax the rest of the game. Visitor seating is on the east side of the stadium in the sun. Should only be around 80 to 84 degrees that day, but since the game starts at 4:30pm. It shouldn't be too bad. It will cool off a bit after 5 or 5:30pm. At least it WON'T be humid. And there is usually a good breeze blowing through the stadium north to south. On the opposite side is the West press box side of the stadium. That is where all or most of the shade is located. Visitors occasionally sit there. Enjoy the game and your stay in San Jose.

Heads up on tailgating:

I'll offer a "heads-up" to the South Florida fans with regards to what you'll find at CEFCU/Spartan Stadium on Saturday:

Our game-tailgating "experience" has been radically down-graded (from what it had been for many, MANY decades past) in terms of general aesthetics, pre-game atmosphere, and (overall) fan convenience. You'll find that, instead, of the potential of being able to set-up your personal, tailgate "action" on a grassy, open field (located, directly, on the east side of the stadium)...your, most likely, set-up locale will be in the middle of an asphalt-surfaced, parking lot!

It might be that your "best", pre-game option could be the South Florida-sponsored tailgate...which I would suspect may be located on (the sides of) the grassy, Football practice field(s), adjacent to the north end of the stadium!

Personally, I would check with the SJSU Ticket Office (1-877-SJSUTIX) with any and all questions regarding tailgating areas and restrictions.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone knows how the Alumni Tailgate works? Do they have chairs? Should we bring our own? Can we bring our own coolers?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Bullschmutz said:

Anyone knows how the Alumni Tailgate works? Do they have chairs? Should we bring our own? Can we bring our own coolers?

I was wondering the same. I bought tailgate tickets earlier. It says there's a cash bar available, so that might work in lieu of bringing our own stuff. Not sure about chairs.

We were planning to go to Santa Clara Valley Brewing https://www.scvbrewing.com/ (opens at noon) and Hermitage Brewing https://hermitagebrewing.com/ ) prior to the 2 pm tailgate. Both are less than a half mile from the stadium.    

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Bullschmutz said:

Last alumni tailgate I attended (Nevada) had some big pop-up tents, a few tables with chairs, and a few standing tables. Buffet and bar sounds like it'll be pretty much the same (sliders, hot dogs and the like).

All of the away game tailgates that we've attended in the past do include tables and chairs. They outgrew the location originally planned so are now holding it outside on the practice football field. Was told it will be tented. Last number I heard was north of 140 so a good crowd. This is the first year they aren't including beer and wine. Trying to make it more affordable to get bigger crowds.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

34 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

This is the first year they aren't including beer and wine. Trying to make it more affordable to get bigger crowds.

Very interested to see how the cash bar plays out at these for Tulane pre-planning.  See you in New Orleans.  GO BULLS!