• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Thinks Penn State Got Screwed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm creating a poll of "Top 5 Foods at Publix" as voted on by me.

1. Hot and Spicy Wings

2. Fried Chicken

3. Chicken Tender Sub

4. Mediterranean Orzo salad from the deli

5. Eggo waffles

You can't tell me my poll is invalid and discrediting to all food rankings because you don't like that I voted for #5 in my own poll, according to my own criteria that I didn't break.

No but, I can disqualify it based on the fact that you left off Publix Italian Subs. That's simply unforgivable.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Azmodi said:

No but, I can disqualify it based on the fact that you left off Publix Italian Subs. That's simply unforgivable.

Dammit. I needed something outside the deli and I wasn't making a top 25 list.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

23 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Because it's apples to oranges. The teams do not face the same schedule. There is a difficulty curve. I could go on and on but, I won't.

3rd week of the season NDSU beat #13 ranked Iowa. Probably quite a few teams getting votes in Week 4 didn't have that on their resume, including us.

Poll Methodology

The AP Top 25 is determined by a simple points system based on how each voter ranks college football's best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first place vote, 24 for second place and so on through to the 25th team, which receives one point. The rankings are set by listing the teams' point totals from highest to lowest. The mathematical formula is the same as the one used for the AP Pro 32 rankings and the AP Top 25 rankings for men's and women's basketball.

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Dammit. I needed something outside the deli and I wasn't making a top 25 list.

Then I call into question your decision making skills as I'd have went with the HOT @ SPICY WINGS!!!! :GoBulls:

I don't know maybe it's because I'm getting old and have forgotten but, have you ever seen a BCS school ranked in the AP top 25 in previous years? I Simply can't recall one. The current media just makes **** up as it goes. Anything for clicks.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Didn't App State get into the AP poll after beating Michigan way back when? They were still FCS at the time. Also there is a reason the AP poll wasn't included in the BCS rankings under that system and that is because they rank all D1 teams(FBS and FCS).

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

8 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I don't know maybe it's because I'm getting old and have forgotten but, have you ever seen a BCS school ranked in the AP top 25 in previous years? I Simply can't recall one. The current media just makes **** up as it goes. Anything for clicks.

Yes, when Georgia Southern I believe was dominating 1 AA. Appalachian State after they beat Michigan....

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, Bull Dozer said:

I think after this weekend it showed that there were really only 2 teams worthy of playing in the national championship game.....

Like it is in most years in college football. We had that system and got rid of it for the much more equitable "College Football Playoff".

Cant wait to see it expand to 8, 12, or 16 teams so we can get really objective and argue over who the 8th, 12, or 16th best team is!

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Penn State should have been there over Ohio State

period.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

16 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

have you ever seen a FCS school ranked in the AP top 25 in previous years? I Simply can't recall one.

That's because there hasn't been one ranked in the top 25... and NDSU wasn't one either. As far as getting votes, FCS/1AA's didn't have a chance until 10 years ago:

The Bison — No. 1 in both FCS polls last week — received 74 points in the AP Top 25 poll released Sunday afternoon, which makes it 27th in the nation, tied with UCLA and just ahead of Boise State.

They are not the first FCS team to earn votes in the AP Top 25 poll — that honor would go to Appalachian State in 2007. The then-Division I-AA school upset Michigan prompting the AP to change its policy which previously allowed voters to include only Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS - formerly Division I-A) teams on their ballots. The new policy has been dubbed the "Appalachian State Rule." In 2014, App State joined the FBS and the Sun Belt Conference.