• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Thinks Penn State Got Screwed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Dang, I missed that ... When did it happen?

And how many polls did it?

Just now, Azmodi said:

North Dakota or North Dakota State appeared in several polls this year.

Neither one of them is a division 2 team.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

ugh, I meant wrong division. Division 1-AA as apposed to Division 1-A. Sorry. Fixed the initial post.

Edited by Azmodi

4 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

ugh, I meant wrong division. Division 1-AA as apposed to Division 1-A. Sorry.

And what polls ranked them? As far as I'm aware, none of the polls claim to be a 1-A poll. For instance, the AP poll ranks the top 25 NCAA football teams. If the writers believe that includes NDSU, why is that wrong?

Edited by JTrue

When was it that a Bowl Subdivision school was ranked in the Championship subdivision poll? Coaches or otherwise? Let me help you out, never.

However, our current pollsters ranked a Championship Subdivision school in the Bowl Subdivision Poll even though, they could not participate in our Bowls or our Championship Series.

You don't find that even a little discrediting towards their selections?

3 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

When was it that a Bowl Subdivision school was ranked in the Championship subdivision poll? Coaches or otherwise? Let me help you out, never.

However, our current pollsters ranked a Championship Subdivision school in the Bowl Subdivision Poll even though, they could not participate in our Bowls or our Championship Series.

You don't find that even a little discrediting towards their selections?

Not even a little bit. If they AP poll says its going to rank the top 25 teams in the NCAA, why can't it have FCS teams? They are part of the NCAA. The AP is not used to calculate a champion. It has no bearing on bowls. It is nothing other than a media ranking of who the voters believe are the top 25 teams in the country. NDSU won 5 straight FCS titles and beat an Iowa team that finished the regular season ranked in the same poll. I think it will be more discrediting if they didn't include NDSU in the conversation as one of the best NCAA teams.

We will then have to agree to disagree. If you're not in the Division and can't participate in the same Challenges then you aren't truly comparable. Thus you do not belong in the same polls. That is my opinion. If North Dakota State were to play FBS, then by all means I'd include them if they were playing well that year but, not based upon previous performance and definitely not in this instance.

FYI: It was the AP Polls weeks 4 through 7.

Edited by Azmodi

19 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

We will then have to agree to disagree. If you're not in the Division and can't participate in the same Challenges then you aren't truly comparable. Thus you do not belong in the same polls. That is my opinion. If North Dakota State were to play FBS, then by all means I'd include them if they were playing well that year but, not based upon previous performance and definitely not in this instance.

FYI: It was the AP Polls weeks 4 through 7.

I guess we will. I just don't see why the AP Poll that claims only to rank the best 25 NCAA football teams as voted on my their writers, can't vote for whatever 25 NCAA football teams they think are best.

Because it's apples to oranges. The teams do not face the same schedule. There is a difficulty curve. I could go on and on but, I won't.

23 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Because it's apples to oranges. The teams do not face the same schedule. There is a difficulty curve. I could go on and on but, I won't.

I'm creating a poll of "Top 5 Foods at Publix" as voted on by me.

1. Hot and Spicy Wings

2. Fried Chicken

3. Chicken Tender Sub

4. Mediterranean Orzo salad from the deli

5. Eggo waffles

You can't tell me my poll is invalid and discrediting to all food rankings because you don't like that I voted for #5 in my own poll, according to my own criteria that I didn't break. Waffles not from the deli? Doesn't matter. Never said that was required.

Edited by JTrue