• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Thinks Penn State Got Screwed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's because there hasn't been one ranked in the top 25... and NDSU wasn't one either. As far as getting votes, FCS/1AA's didn't have a chance until 10 years ago:

The Bison — No. 1 in both FCS polls last week — received 74 points in the AP Top 25 poll released Sunday afternoon, which makes it 27th in the nation, tied with UCLA and just ahead of Boise State.

They are not the first FCS team to earn votes in the AP Top 25 poll — that honor would go to Appalachian State in 2007. The then-Division I-AA school upset Michigan prompting the AP to change its policy which previously allowed voters to include only Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS - formerly Division I-A) teams on their ballots. The new policy has been dubbed the "Appalachian State Rule." In 2014, App State joined the FBS and the Sun Belt Conference.

Ah that's right App State made it close (I want to say first or second left out) for a couple weeks. Thought they made it in but then again I was a little preoccupied with some magic of its own going on at Ray Jay to start the 2007 season so a lot of the rest is a blur.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

So a policy change occurred in 2007 and allows even Division 2 schools to be voted on. Yep, that's way better. I'll start comparing Grapes to Watermelons.

Yes I find it ridiculous that the polls do not differentiate between Divisions when they are part of the deciding factor in determining the teams that participate in the Championship Series. Now before you begin to argue they don't, remember that the earlier and higher your team is ranked in the AP Polls, the higher it is placed in the Committees Rankings. 

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If the AP poll was swaying the playoff committee, how do you explain our polling this year?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,538
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

So a policy change occurred in 2007 and allows even Division 2 schools to be voted on. Yep, that's way better. I'll start comparing Grapes to Watermelons.

Yes I find it ridiculous that the polls do not differentiate between Divisions when they are part of the deciding factor in determining the teams that participate in the Championship Series. Now before you begin to argue they don't, remember that the earlier and higher your team is ranked in the AP Polls, the higher it is placed in the Committees Rankings. 

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e5b2eba5c6c4b5d72f66d36bf42b9bbe/tumblr_inline_mybwynv3mR1rm6txt.gif

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e5b2eba5c6c4b5d72f66d36bf42b9bbe/tumblr_inline_mybwynv3mR1rm6txt.gif

That's exactly how I feel when I respond here some times. It's like being punished for giving your opinion or stating how you perceive something.

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If the AP poll was swaying the playoff committee, how do you explain our polling this year?

Wait are we ranked in the Committees Poll? I must have missed that. We aren't even though we're ranked in the other polls simply because we weren't in them earlier in the season. It also helps that we're not in one of the Money Conferences. So yeah, we're not in there.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Wait are we ranked in the Committees Poll? I must have missed that. We aren't even though we're ranked in the other polls simply because we weren't in them earlier in the season. It also helps that we're not in one of the Money Conferences. So yeah, we're not in there.

That was his point. We are in the AP but not the CFP. If an FCS school was in the AP you can all but gurantee they would find themselves in the same situation we are currently in. Thus proving your argument that an FCS school being ranked in the AP shouldn't be possible as they can't play in our playoffs moot.

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1