• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slick Willie lost at home to FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Sipher said:

I never disputed that fact. I said show me someone besides Willie that called plays on the offensive side.. You do realize Willie was making the play calls during the game right? That's what play calling is.

Joe Kinnan and others others developed the plays that Taggart called that were written down for him. I do agree that Taggart kept the power run plays in the new spread he was Forced to run by Harlan after the Maryland Game.  Look all I am trying to say is that it's not a big deal he is leaving.  His recorded is something like 25-24, not sure that's accurate but it's close      He does not care about USF, he has been butt hurt ever since Harlan put him on notice after Maryland game 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bullinchinashop said:

During slick Willie tenture we lost at home to:

FAU, McNeese State, UCF

lost on road to:

UCF and Western Kentucky

even lazy skip would not have lost to these schools

Go Bulls.   The team did not turn around until Taggart was on hot seat and cut Flowers loose and got major help with play calling.  Oregon is not sold oh him, 3 year contract at $3.2 million a year.  This is a wait and see Contract, Eugene Oregon does not have football talent, he will have to recruit Texas and California to be successful.  2 wins first year and he will wish he was in Tampa.     Now let's get Charlie or Lane.    

He lost those games just like some think Strong will make this a top 10 defense overnight.   It's called lack of talent.   It's sad the bitterness some feel for him like he owed you something.   I guess saying he had no hand in the turnaround makes it easier to believe there won't be a big let down after he's gone. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

He lost those games just like some think Strong will make this a top 10 defense overnight.   It's called lack of talent.   It's sad the bitterness some feel for him like he owed you something.   I guess saying he had no hand in the turnaround makes it easier to believe there won't be a big let down after he's gone. 

I agree with you while heartedly.

It's clear nowadays that some people just don't like facts and research. They embrace the rejected ex narrative and try to live up to the expectations of bad mouthing their once considered dream girl. 

Coach Taggart did his job, he stacked the cupboard, turned us into winners, and made us relevant again. What more could he do? He deserves the opportunity to see if he can win a national championship sooner rather than later. 

When he came to USF we had the path to it but not the players. Now we have the players but no realistic path outside of perfection and luck...

That's not fair to want him to forsake his own goals to try and force us to greener pastures. He was a good coach and USF is better for having him here. If anyone could win in spite of their own shortcomings, Holtz  would have done it. 

It's not right to diminish someone else's hard work to make yourself feel better. Give credit where credit is due,  Oregon did. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

21 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

It's clear nowadays that some people just don't like facts and research. They embrace the rejected ex narrative and try to live up to the expectations of bad mouthing their once considered dream girl. 

Coach Taggart did his job, he stacked the cupboard, turned us into winners, and made us relevant again. What more could he do? He deserves the opportunity to see if he can win a national championship sooner rather than later. 

When he came to USF we had the path to it but not the players. Now we have the players but no realistic path outside of perfection and luck...

That's not fair to want him to forsake his own goals to try and force us to greener pastures. He was a good coach and USF is better for having him here. If anyone could win in spite of their own shortcomings, Holtz  would have done it. 

It's not right to diminish someone else's hard work to make yourself feel better. Give credit where credit is due,  Oregon did. 

Blazing post

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

Adding to the vitriol around here, though, is the fact he was never dream girl of some here and they watched our success with clinched teeth .... When this happened, it was open season again.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

Hot fiyah 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Thinking about it today and analyzing the Taggart regime... 

I'm not completely sold that Taggart isn't more than just a really good recruiter and/or lucky to have had Mack, Flowers, and Adams. Arguably the best offensive players in USF history all in one team. 

His first two years were a disaster and his offensive scheme was terrible. McNeese State is something no Bulls fan should ever forget.

Still, hell of a recruiter.

Good luck CWT!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Thinking about it today and analyzing the Taggart regime... 

I'm not completely sold that Taggart isn't more than just a really good recruiter and/or lucky to have had Mack, Flowers, and Adams. Arguably the best offensive players in USF history all in one team. 

His first two years were a disaster and his offensive scheme was terrible. McNeese State is something no Bulls fan should ever forget.

Still, hell of a recruiter.

Good luck CWT!

I don't think he will be able to out recruit in PAC-Whatever, but he can get way better assistants!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Days Won:  28

Another bitter exgirlfriend post lol

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

He deserves the opportunity to see if he can win a national championship sooner rather than later. 

Well, doesn't every coach? With that perspective, who'd want to come coach at USF?  Nobody?  Maybe high school or NAIA coach?