• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can't blame Taggart for his decision

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

wow $15M before incentives isn't life changing for you?

$15 million over $9 million, no. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, Bull94 said:

I love when people say they don't want to make x amount of dollars more because they will have to pay taxes on it.

I didn't say that at all, but...

If he makes $3.2 there, minus 10%, it's more like $2.9M compared to the $1.7 that he was making here. It just puts in perspective that his raise wasn't a full $1.5M, it was more like $1.2M

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

$15 million over $9 million, no. 

so $6M over 5 years?? really?

coaches have to get paid when they can. they have almost no job security

we were going to fire him last year. heck we fired our basketball coach who had taken us to the NCAA tourney for the first time in decades and actually won a game there.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I didn't say that at all, but...

If he makes $3.2 there, minus 10%, it's more like $2.9M compared to the $1.7 that he was making here. It just puts in perspective that his raise wasn't a full $1.5M, it was more like $1.2M

so he's making $1.2M more per year and you're trying to spin that as not a big deal more......

the dude now has some of the best facilities in the country, gets to potentially play for NC, coaches in front of 40k more fans, will have access to Nike private jet for recruiting and he is making $1.2M more after taxes

where do I sign?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so he's making $1.2M more per year and you're trying to spin that as not a big deal more......

the dude now has some of the best facilities in the country, gets to potentially play for NC, coaches in front of 40k more fans, will have access to Nike private jet for recruiting and he is making $1.2M more after taxes

where do I sign?

Well, wherever that signature appears, don't hog the line, 'cause I wanna sign that deal as well.

Sure...it was great that he pulled the program out of the ditch, and I'd have liked for him to stick around for a championship or two, but when opportunity knocks, especially at that level, you gotta answer. I've changed jobs for MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF DOLLARS less...but always for more than the current gig. That's how the world works. There may be outliers who turn down money for some altruistic reason, but they're few and far between. 

16 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so $6M over 5 years?? really?

coaches have to get paid when they can. they have almost no job security

we were going to fire him last year. heck we fired our basketball coach who had taken us to the NCAA tourney for the first time in decades and actually won a game there.

When he is fired, he'll still make at least a million annually.  He's not worried. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

I'd also hazard a guess he really didn't go there for the money, though money is nice.  He has a much easier route to a title, better facilities, and a much more rabid fan base, and maybe he likes the challenge of resurrecting a team.  

The guy surely doesn't 'need' more money it just helps make decisions easier.  I know I would struggle with a decision to move across county to Oregon for a pay raise, but a 50% or whatever pay raise would be hard to turn down.  

And yes I have turned down jobs for more money because I like where I'm at but toss enough dollar signs and I would reconsider too. 

18 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

He was making $225,000 5 years ago, I think he's already experienced the life changing part. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

He was making $225,000 5 years ago, I think he's already experienced the life changing part. 

I think at this point its more about setting up your kids and their kid's kids if you manage it properly.  

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Basically everyone would have taken that deal. 

In business - which is what this is to WT - you take opportunities that challenges you professionally, personally and double your salary.

if usf was able to come in close to that number I don't think he leaves.