• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I want Charlie Strong!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

26 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Strong gives us best chance for continuity and win big next year.   Leave Weist, Hiller and Kinnan (with  raise)on offense.   Let Strong do whatever he wants on defense and send him on his way in 2 years.    Then we hire the young energetic coach like Larry Scott to rebuild again.

Well, if we keep the offensive staff and the next coach bolts, why not promote from within?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Strong will build a recruiting wall around the Tampa Bay Area. UCF will pay for it

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Weist is gonna get an interview for this job.   The Bucs did well by promoting from within so far but the college game is all about recruiting.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

How good of a Recruiter is Strong without Clint Hurtt? 

I know he's a 'Florida guy' but I still can't get over how average his recruiting was at Texas. That should be the easiest place to recruit to in the Nation

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

Yeah strong sucked at Texas and had an awful defense. I'm not sold on him. I don't expect him to win anything here. Only plus is his recruiting experience in Florida, maybe that's all it takes to win though.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Strong had a Holtz like career at Texas team especially a defense that got worse.  Strong is the best name we could get but he has his issues big time.

I'd almost feel better promote from within TJ and hire a big name DC for the defense move Woodie to line.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Just to put this out there... Woodie is either DC or nothing for us next season. He's not going to take a demotion here. I am sure he can be an assistant for Taggart, but, I don't think he is going to take a step back here.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone doubting Strong is crazy. The guy actually won conference championships (which none of these others guys and Taggart have done) and was a hell of a recruiter while at UF (alot of his players have gone on the NFL - highlight was the 2008 UF defense where practically everyone went to the league). He was Louisville's Taggart after their program was decimated and if you take a look - Herman's going to have a 10 win team in year 1 because of his recruiting...in TX where he supposedly didn't have as robust of connections as he does in FL. He will crush recruiting here and take us to another level. He's not perfect but I think he was dealt a bad hand at UT (probably because he was their obvious second or even third choice). Nonetheless he's the guy we want. Don't need to be a tactical genius to coach the AAC - just ask Coach T. Love the guy, but its true. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

17 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Anyone doubting Strong is crazy. The guy actually won conference championships (which none of these others guys and Taggart have done) and was a hell of a recruiter while at UF (alot of his players have gone on the NFL - highlight was the 2008 UF defense where practically everyone went to the league). He was Louisville's Taggart after their program was decimated and if you take a look - Herman's going to have a 10 win team in year 1 because of his recruiting...in TX where he supposedly didn't have as robust of connections as he does in FL. He will crush recruiting here and take us to another level. He's not perfect but I think he was dealt a bad hand at UT (probably because he was their obvious second or even third choice). Nonetheless he's the guy we want. Don't need to be a tactical genius to coach the AAC - just ask Coach T. Love the guy, but its true. 

COA was a hell of a recruiter while at UK. Those type of recruiting accolades mean nothing when going down in leagues. Not sure Strong is the long term solution that some seem to crave but is a name that most college football fans should know and could entice the casual ones to give us a try ...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Charlie would be a nice step up from Willie. I heard one time he even won a bowl game.