• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I want Charlie Strong!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

Most of you guys know that I went to UF and will always be a Gator, but somehow became a hardcore USF fan. When I went to UF and after my graduation, Charlie Strong was the heart of our many successful teams. I actually wanted him to be the UF coach but they kept hiring other coaches instead of him. He was so good that the new coaches always kept him as the defensive coordinator. I pray USF hired him. We can keep TJ Weist as our official offensive coordinator and let him call the plays. And let Charlie Strong be the head coach and call the defensive plays. I kind of like having a coach that values ethics and hard work. The baymade/baystayed slogan does not have to die with Taggart b/c well these players are still from the bay and so is this school. Western Kentucky is flourishing now and be mad at Taggart all you want, but he left us a good recruiting class and in a better shape than we were before. USF football shall succeed regardless. I wish Taggart the best. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'd be fine with this.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm on the Strong hire too.  He will be able to recruit and keep the guys on our board for this year probably better than anyone else out there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Wonder why he failed at Texas which has almost unlimited resources.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

Did you really have to create a separate thread just say this and put it on any other of the existing threads we have going regarding potential new coaches? :conduct::furious3:

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

USF budget has got to get better.

16 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Wonder why he failed at Texas which has almost unlimited resources.

Charlie Weis failed miserable everywhere he went and still kept getting hired. If Texas was that easy then Mack Brown would of never left. Strong was successful at Louisville. Ron Zook, Muschamp failed at UF which has tons of resources. UM which was the most popular school in Florida has gone through tons of coaches. It's a part of life man. Why should he, a coach who has had success and won a BCS bowl as a head  and NATIONAL TITLE as a defensive coordinator whole career be judged by one failed attempt? 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Did you really have to create a separate thread just say this and put it on any other of the existing threads we have going regarding potential new coaches? :conduct::furious3:

**** right, b/c he is the ONLY coach we need

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Charlie Weis failed miserable everywhere he went and still kept getting hired. If Texas was that easy then Mack Brown would of never left. Strong was successful at Louisville. Ron Zook, Muschamp failed at UF which has tons of resources. UM which was the most popular school in Florida has gone through tons of coaches. It's a part of life man. Why should he, a coach who has had success and won a BCS bowl as a head  and NATIONAL TITLE as a defensive coordinator whole career be judged by one failed attempt? 

a failed attempt as a HC at a school that has it's own ESPN channel where his defense ranked 95th in his 3rd year

Mack brown won a national championship at Texas. he coached there for 16 years missing a bowl game just once. heck he went 8-5 his last year. 158-48 98-33 conference record.

let's not act like Texas is a difficult place to win. Strong went 16-21 12 -15

He never had a winning record there in 3 years. Mack had 1 year in 16 where he didn't have a winning year.

I would never want Ron Zook or Muschamp. how did Zook do at Illinois? 34-51

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

a failed attempt as a HC at a school that has it's own ESPN channel where his defense ranked 95th in his 3rd year

Mack brown won a national championship at Texas. he coached there for 16 years missing a bowl game just once. heck he went 8-5 his last year. 158-48 98-33 conference record.

let's not act like Texas is a difficult place to win. Strong went 16-21 12 -15

He never had a winning record there in 3 years. Mack had 1 year in 16 where he didn't have a winning year.

I would never want Ron Zook or Muschamp. how did Zook do at Illinois? 34-51

Once again, Strong has had success EVERYWHERE else he coached at. 1 failed attempt and you are ripping him? If Texas is the holy grail of schools why did Mack only  win ONE national title in 16 years? UF won THREE national title since then and Charlie strong was part of it. It does not matter how great or what resources a school has, sometimes the cards that are dealt are simply not good enough to win at that time.