• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

All this talk of slapping/ motivating/ whatnot just reminds me of Anjelah Johnson.

"Hey Lady ... I did you a favor!" (starts at 0:55 mark)

LOL

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, smazza said:

he meant to hit the kid.it wasnt an accident so there is intent

if a school hires leavitt there is a giant risk.If he hits a kid again that school will pay dearly

I would like to Leavitt smack smazza.    We could have been in much better shape to be in a Power 5 conference if Leavitt was not fired, plus not sure Central Florida beats USF with Leavitt here 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

USF and everyone who wanted Leavitt fired got exactly what they wanted and exactly what they deserved.  You all go Holtzed and out cost the University  over $5 million in tangible dollars and far more in lost revenue.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I just think it's so funny that when is not you and yours people have a hard time having empathy. Victims have a hard time bringing people to justice when the person they're accusing of a crime is a local celebrity or what not. 

If a grown man hit my child no matter what the sport,  he's going to pay dearly and I'd hold a grudge too.

How do you blame a young adult for being torn as to whether he should bring up a beloved coach on charges? Some of you still defend him to a fault. Some of you question the young man's "manhood" even now because he couldn't take the hit...

Just show a little empathy and look at it from the other side. A grown man has no reason to smack a young adult. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

44 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

USF and everyone who wanted Leavitt fired got exactly what they wanted and exactly what they deserved.  You all go Holtzed and out cost the University  over $5 million in tangible dollars and far more in lost revenue.  

Sounds like a cautionary tale with broader applications. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

39 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I just think it's so funny that when is not you and yours people have a hard time having empathy. Victims have a hard time bringing people to justice when the person they're accusing of a crime is a local celebrity or what not. 

If a grown man hit my child no matter what the sport,  he's going to pay dearly and I'd hold a grudge too.

How do you blame a young adult for being torn as to whether he should bring up a beloved coach on charges? Some of you still defend him to a fault. Some of you question the young man's "manhood" even now because he couldn't take the hit...

Just show a little empathy and look at it from the other side. A grown man has no reason to smack a young adult. 

The you better not let your son play a contact sport, 'cause they're going to get hit a lot harder by the competition than anyone ever got hit by CJL

Does anyone doubt the ferocity of Lejiste on the field? How in the Seven Hells could ANYTHING CJL did be worse than that? It can't

:facepalm:

Edited by charsibb
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

All this talk of slapping/ motivating/ whatnot just reminds me of Anjelah Johnson.

"Hey Lady ... I did you a favor!" (starts at 0:55 mark)

LOL

..and she's quite steamy, too!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

From what I can remember there were as more  players who said that it didn't happen that said that it did.

In his article Fennelly  characterized the incident as an attack. "Miller is the father of Joel Miller, the player Leavitt was accused of attacking at halftime". It's obvious he has a grudge against CJl and his reporting should be taken with a grain of salt. 

I also believe the CJL settlement was made with no admission of wrongdoing yet Fennelly states there was no question it did happen.

Regardless there is no doubt that something happened in the locker room however it was extremely overblown. The fire was fueled by a media didn't like CJL as evidenced by this article.  It's obvious the contempt still exists.

The real driver of this was Brett McMurphy who used a student athlete to push his own career while leaving the student hanging. I always felt  BM spent more time creating news rather than reporting it. It did lead him to a better job so I guess good for him. 

But to suggest that CJL does not deserve another chance at a head coaches job is absurd.The only people screaming is the media and Miller's dad.

If he was 25% as bad as they portray him,  you would expect that dozens of former USF players would have spoken out against him which just isn't the case.  As a matter fact from what I've followed and read is the exact opposite, most of his former USF players praise him and respect him 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

If Toad had any journalistic integrity at all, he would have called this guy for his column and asked his opinion of CJL ...

And that points to MacIntyre, the son of a coach who has done it the right way since he took his first head coaching job at San Jose State. After last weekend's 38-24 win against Washington State, MacIntyre told of the "three P's that I use all the time personally and our guys use it: persistence, passion and prayer.

Have to assume he did due diligence before hiring Leavitt...