• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cecil Cherry

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Millennials....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

It's like Taylor Swift. Sure, she's smoking hot and I'd probably believe her the first time she says a guy's an ******* for dumping her. But I'm pretty sure it's her fault now that it's happened 14 times.

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

Well if that's true, I'd still hit it, knowing it wouldn't last and not expecting miracles, but my goodness when it's good, it's great!

She does have a long list of ex-lovers who'll tell you she's insane.

But she does have a blank space, baby ... She'll write your name.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Interesting choice by Cherry. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

I guess in his mind, he thought he was performing better in practice and should be starting.  Sanchez lacks the size, but I think his ability to make quicker reads probably put him in the starting spot.  With the defensive problems all year, the coaches couldn't afford to play Cherry and have him learn from his mistakes.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Having the physical ability is one thing, but actually being in the right place and doing the right things is another.  sounds like he was completely impatient and doesn't sound like the most coach-able kid.  If you are good enough and can do what the coaches need you to do, the coaches will put the best kid on the field.  Not necessarily the fastest, biggest, strongest person, but the best player.  

I also doubt that the coaches, at either school, told him that if he comes here you will automatically become the starter.  My guess is they told him that he has the ability and size they are looking for and he can come in and compete immediately for the job.

Besides, let's not forget that he also saw time as a fullback in game one.  That has to mean something

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Moving on, NEXT UP!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, JTrue said:

Well, when you're not playing at one school, maybe you have a point. When it happens a second time, you have to start looking for the common denominator.

It's like Taylor Swift. Sure, she's smoking hot and I'd probably believe her the first time she says a guy's an ******* for dumping her. But I'm pretty sure it's her fault now that it's happened 14 times.

I'd still deal with the crazy for a while before dumping/being dumped.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, Dogma said:

Cecil retweeted USFGreenNgold reply:

So it's pretty a much given how Cecil expectations lay, considering this is the 2nd program he has (or will) transfer from for the same reason.  If someone isn't willing to fight for a spot, and instead expects it to be handed to him without trying, then quitting when in fact he finds that effort needs to be made... then...

A professional or someone with class or situational awareness either doesn't retweet that or retweets it to give a kind of refutation and say "No no, that's not it, I respect my teammate's playing ablities."

This was a window into his thinking he shouldn't reveal.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know if Cherry is better than Sanchez but I can see why he thinks he is.  He watches Auggie play like crap most of the time too.  I've never seen a MLB be taken for more rides down field than Sanchez.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I think Cherry plays a lot more if he was that much better than Sanchez..  Obviously the coaching staff felt that Sanchez gave them the best shot to win. JUCO route is probably the way to go here or move Jimmy Bayes or Josh Black to that position.