• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jimbo Fisher Ripple Effect

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Fsu wouldn't go after CWT and I see Fisher playing FSU for more money.

I don't know man, they just did that last year with him and he's underperformed the last two years for FSU's standards. He's already the 5th highest paid coach in college football (making more than LSU was paying Miles). I just don't see them bending over again to bump him up to Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh money after two straight 3 loss seasons

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

As much as a CWT fan as I am, I don't see LSU, FSU or Texas taking a shot at him. He has done a great job with what he had here, but the boosters will only see his record and the two head coaching gigs he has had & pass; just my opinion & I hope I am right!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

I don't know man, they just did that last year with him and he's underperformed the last two years for FSU's standards. He's already the 5th highest paid coach in college football (making more than LSU was paying Miles). I just don't see them bending over again to bump him up to Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh money after two straight 3 loss seasons

OK didn't know he did that last year, still don't see him leaving FSU for LSU.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

Impossible.. Taggart is young and will not be able to find the strong experience coordinators from the big conference who want to work with him.  

Like Lane Kiffin doesn't mind to work for Saban and doesn't want to work for Taggart.

I think Frost is more chance to leave before Taggart.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

49 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I've been hearing speculation about Jimbo not liking the boosters for well over a year. Something along the lines of them treating him and his family like crap 

So he's going to trade cruddy FSU boosters for the same dudes/dudettes that ran out the Mad Hatter?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

So he's going to trade cruddy FSU boosters for the same dudes/dudettes that ran out the Mad Hatter?

The more you get paid, the cruddier the boosters.

However the buyout makes the pain of being fired so much easier to take.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

Does he think a big SEC school or Texas, who thinks they are better than everyone else, will be better? He will have a much shorter leash. It is hard to can a coach that won you a ship. 

Also playing in the ACC is easier than the SEC. Obviously. 

Yeah I don't get it. FSU is a dream gig and he won a championship there. Why would anyone trade that for Texas or LSU? LSU I really don't get.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

Does he think a big SEC school or Texas, who thinks they are better than everyone else, will be better? He will have a much shorter leash. It is hard to can a coach that won you a ship. 

Also playing in the ACC is easier than the SEC. Obviously. 

It's not as simple as them not caring about him. Something about his kid being in the hospital and the boosters basically telling him they didn't care about his kid that he needed to be at a booster banquet. That's classic FSU. Conference doesn't set your morals 

Even so, it was more of a response to why he may be looking elsewhere or at least entertaining the possibility. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I don't think so at this time.  I don't think we will lose coach T until we get that coveted conference championship.  Or at least until USF becomes a ranked team for a year or two.  

As far as FSU goes...I think that's quite a reach.  I like coach T, and I hope that he will succeed enough to where he would be considered for a job like HC at FSU, but I don't think there's enough on his resume at this time.

I was thinking this too. We have an amazing offense which is great. However, they still haven't accomplished any milestones at this time. Not competing for a championship this year was really a missed opportunity. Yes, ECU can still beat Temple yada yada....