• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Everyone Calm the &#%$ Down?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

The hound dogs loved their walk this morning. They love the cooler temps. It's fall! Better enjoy both days.

Now , about remaining calm. I think that's a function of how amped you get to begin with. Some people are just better at managing expectations than others. All is not lost - at this instant in time - but it won't take much to check that box either. Just 'cause some guy says you're favored to win [game / conference / bowl / etc.]  - probably wanna run that by the opposition and get them to sign off on it. We could still get that elusive ten-win season (though I don't think that will happen...just me) and we'll probably wind up in that half of all teams that get to go to a bowl game.  Which is arguably better than being bull whipped in the town square. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

48 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Not worried... We smooth got out coached and out schemed..... We still have good players but our coaching staff showed their OJT skills last night.... We need to get a real D-Coach and retain the coaches who are brought in to train our OJT coaching staff.. If CWT leaves, no tears shed here.. Strong would not have been out coached last night

Strong has never impressed me. He can't win at texas. He sold his soul with Clint Hurtt in Louisville to get Bridgewater and the boys from Miami. Hurtt was given a 2 year show cause. He was an average game day coach at best.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Expectations rise quickly.  I knew we'd lose last night, but it was tough HOW we lost.  It was BRUTAL on D, and I believe Navy & Memphis will beat us (Navy, for sure; Memphis road game, likely, but not certain...hope Navy-Memphis is an triple OT physical beat down on both sides).  SMU should be a gimmie, and I have no clue v UCF.  Our Bulls usually get up big for UCF, so I'm hoping we win at least 8, then hopefully a bowl win (and PLEASE, NOT St. Pete, though that looks like a 90%+ probability).

All that said, if someone told me the last 5-6 years that we'd be 6-2 at this point, I'd be thrilled.  Our fan base went from "can we beat anyone"? to "it's over if we don't win AAC".  Well, given foes ahead, we're certainly done for the year.  We COULD win if we tie Temple with losses, and there's a 3 way tie with a team that beat Temple that we beat.  Long shot, but all we can do is win each game.  Unlikely, but not impossible.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Strong has never impressed me. He can't win at texas. He sold his soul with Clint Hurtt in Louisville to get Bridgewater and the boys from Miami. Hurtt was given a 2 year show cause. He was an average game day coach at best.

In 4 years:

Strong: 37-15

Taggert: 20-25

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I'm ok with team losing, just hate seeing a player have personal best running again and defense giving up.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Skingraft said:

In 4 years:

Strong: 37-15

Taggert: 20-25

Strong is 14-17 at Texas

Like I said Teddy Bridgewater was the reason Strong had success at UofL

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Strong is 14-17 at Texas

And I'm sort of afraid Flowers running is only reason we are winning, after he is gone do we look good? I hope we have real talent at qb and a real defense if so we will be fine.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Calm on TBP after a loss? LOL 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am more optimistic than that. I still think we beat either Memphis or Navy. Maybe both.

I believe the panic from the fan base is that people have never truly believed in Taggart. Yes, we have been thrilled in what he has done with the offense the last year, but the first 2 1/2 years of horrible play is stuck in our minds. Now, we see a horrible defense that has been bailed out all year by a prolific offense, but continues to get beat up by opposing players career record setting performances.

Bottom line, I believe, is as much as we all hope about him, the majority are not sold on Taggart. I have not been and won't be until he can win at least a couple of meaningful games. Next week is his next opportunity to prove something.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Strong is 14-17 at Texas

The AAC is a dumpster fire of teams and Texas plays a much tougher schedule....  Strong would be a good fit here

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1