• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF can't turn the corner

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

How about when UCF was the media darling for a time,  what sparked that?

They won the championship and took care of business in the bowl game that didn't matter...

It mattered then, even though the conference was on the downhill slide to G5. The conference had a BCS tie-in still. Real bowl, real media, real money.

What do you get if you win AAC? St. Pete or Miami bowl against the #9 SEC team?  Just kidding, I think.  

It's there to be won   I'm all in favor of that But realistic as to where to peg that accompmishment and what it means for growing the program.

It won't drive interest from the Bay area, and that's our best hope.  Own the Bay!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

And yet somehow we march on, if you want to be AAC conference champion so bad just say that we are one. Not one person will know you are lying or care enough to refute it. Go ask ten people right now you the reigning AAC champion is and I bet not one will know the answer if they even know what the AAC is or can name one member. 

I really don't give a **** what 10 or 1000 other people think about in terms USF winning an AAC Championship. I know I will be proud we won. Those people probably don't care about USF anyway. I support my alma mater regardless. Could care less about fans who bought their loyalty by going to Walmart and buying a school's shirt. Last, just chearing without any endgame to chear for seems kind of lame to me. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

In the context of the team and where it is, winning a conference championship is absolutely a big deal. 

Have to consider context. Some of you are too caught up in the national picture, where we are not at currently. In a national scope, being the AAC champion doesn't really matter. Especially in comparison to teams like Ohio State, where their loss last weekend may take them out of the conversation for a national championship.  Its about winning the battle on the stage you're on. 

Houston had an invitation to the main stage because they were an AAC champ and beat up a main stage contender in FSU and then a main stage contender in Oklahoma. Then they fudged up by getting upset not once, but twice.

Gotta be the big fish in the small pond before you can swim with the other big fish in the bigger pond..

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I really don't give a **** what 10 or 1000 other people think about in terms USF winning an AAC Championship. I know I will be proud we won. Those people probably don't care about USF anyway. I support my alma mater regardless. Could care less about fans who bought their loyalty by going to Walmart and buying a school's shirt. Last, just chearing without any endgame to chear for seems kind of lame to me. 

You play/cheer to win the game. If at the end of it an AAC championship were to come, I guess that is nice but I know i won't be bragging about it around the water cooler. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

On Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 10:38 PM, snarling Bull said:

are the other 5 teams going to just lay down.  I have watched Memphis, Navy, and SMU  play today.  we will not beat them and doubtful if we beat ucf.  Take off the green and gold goggles.  SMU has held Houston to 14 points tonight

Yup....my goggles are still on :)

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yup....my goggles are still on :)

BAM! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

On 10/28/2016 at 11:12 AM, puc86 said:

And yet somehow we march on, if you want to be AAC conference champion so bad just say that we are one. Not one person will know you are lying or care enough to refute it. Go ask ten people right now you the reigning AAC champion is and I bet not one will know the answer if they even know what the AAC is or can name one member. 

This ******* attitude is what has been driving me crazy about a portion of USF fans for awhile. Who gives a flying **** what other people care or know about the AAC? You should want to be the AAC champ because that's the realistic pinnacle of where we are right now. You say you support them but why even bother if you apparently can't get any kind of real pleasure with them winning a championship because "nobody" cares?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

29 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This ******* attitude is what has been driving me crazy about a portion of USF fans for awhile. Who gives a flying **** what other people care or know about the AAC? You should want to be the AAC champ because that's the realistic pinnacle of where we are right now. You say you support them but why even bother if you apparently can't get any kind of real pleasure with them winning a championship because "nobody" cares?

The first for this game called football 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

On 10/28/2016 at 6:00 AM, TromBull12 said:

USF in all its former glory has accomplished nothing.

On 10/28/2016 at 0:20 PM, Brad said:

You're wrong.

Regardless, An AAC crown doesn't change that for the vast majority of people that follow football.  Great for cheerleaders, not so much for those that have followed the program and understand it's history contrasted against today's conference and schedule. 

Which is why that history has been a double edged sword. Great from the financial aspect and being able to show prospective homes the "what if" pics from Ray Jay 2007 but it also spoiled the more superficial of our "fan" base who apparently can't appreciate USF football just for USF football and are/were more driven by who we play. That history gave a sense of entitlement to some who think we are somehow above where we are in the pecking order of college football when we're not. In the current college football environment, we're exactly where we should be, and probably where we should have been all along, organically building, or trying to build, a larger fan base of those that appreciate USF football just for USF football.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Nailed it. People are followers though. College teams thrive on support, so support your team, and be patient. I'll be a USF supporter for life, no matter what.

• Upvote 2