• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance Prediction for UCONN game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

On October 10, 2016 at 10:44 PM, BullMSEE said:

Absolutely. My point is just that the west side always has significantly more people in seats than the east side (visitors sections, less desirable for shade, etc), and the east side is what is shown on TV. At the end of the day there are no excuses for the terrible attendance, but the prescription on TV is much worse. The TV shots of the west side must have been from panoramas and end zone views. The are no cameras on the east side shooting towards the west that I have seen. The direction of the field is always consistent on TV.

On tv they showed the whole stadium from an endzone angle. You could see both sides of the stadium in the same shot.  Looked like a high school game turnout.   (I understand the circumstances why)

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,427
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Here's an article about UM attendance from 2012 that hits pretty close to home, relatively speaking, and no mention of actual numbers. Either writer couldn't get them or just not as fixated on them as our media is.

and

21 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Not sure if any other stadiums that were paid for by taxpayers have the same attendance reporting requirements/contracts as we do, but here is a good read about professional team markets with college teams from 2014 which covers announced attendance:

http://panthersprey.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-myth-of-pitt-football-attendance.html

Thanks for the posts

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Not sure if any other stadiums that were paid for by taxpayers have the same attendance reporting requirements/contracts as we do, but here is a good read about professional team markets with college teams from 2014 which covers announced attendance:

http://panthersprey.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-myth-of-pitt-football-attendance.html

This has always bothered me. Why do taxpayers "need" to know how many people actually attended? What is the purpose of such information? As tax payer I want to know  how many tickets were sold as this is the important part relative to revenue.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This has always bothered me. Why do taxpayers "need" to know how many people actually attended? What is the purpose of such information? As tax payer I want to know  how many tickets were sold as this is the important part relative to revenue.

I don't disagree, but I believe the deal with the stadium is that $2.50 per ticket IN ACTUAL ATTENDANCE (not  all tickets sold or distributed) is paid to Hillsborough County as part of the original deal with the TSA and Bucs when they backed some bonds or something relative to the financing.  The actual attendance number just became public information as part of these public contracts.  The taxpayers don't "need" to know how many people actually attended, it's just available to reporters (and everyone else) as public info so they latched onto it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I don't disagree, but I believe the deal with the stadium is that $2.50 per ticket IN ACTUAL ATTENDANCE (not  all tickets sold or distributed) is paid to Hillsborough County as part of the original deal with the TSA and Bucs when they backed some bonds or something relative to the financing.  The actual attendance number just became public information as part of these public contracts.  The taxpayers don't "need" to know how many people actually attended, it's just available to reporters (and everyone else) as public info so they latched onto it.

Ok, that makes sense then. Never had it explained. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Just shows bad negotiation skills. Always go for top line (% of sales) instead of bottom line (% of profits), it's much less susceptible to gaming the system.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A local paper just pulled Illinois's actual attendance numbers. In their own stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

50 minutes ago, Joe said:

A local paper just pulled Illinois's actual attendance numbers. In their own stadium.

So we're not alone.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Joey Knight...mf'ing trendsetter! Dude is going to be writing for the Washington Post in no time now that his crusade is going national. I wonder what his next expose will be, actual cheeseburgers sold by McDonald's vs. reported? 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

OMG the Illini are lying, OMG, OMG!!!