• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance Prediction for UCONN game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

25 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Because butts in seats is the only thing that will change the perception of our fan base; 40k looks much better than 20k on TV. I also used actual because it is the number that dictates the stadium atmosphere; if we distribute 40k and only have 25k in the stands the atmosphere is the same as if we distribute 25k and have 25k show up. From a revenue stand point I want USF to distribute as many tickets as possible obviously but the players deserve more than 20k and change to be in the stands for games other than FSU. 

Well let's see how UCONN does. I suspect more like 25k, because UCONN is boring.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Because butts in seats is the only thing that will change the perception of our fan base;

Then we need JK to come up with a third number because the number the TSA is giving him isn't butts in seats ....

Fixating on the actual number is total ******** because it's an outlier in the world of college football. Pretty much the only ones who really give a crap about it are some of our fans, opponents' fans and "our" media.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, bulls phanatic said:

Joey Knight@TBTimes_Bulls 14h14 hours ago St Petersburg, FL

#USF announces the first 300 student-driven vehicles (carrying 4 or more students) that enter Lot 8 of @RJStadium park free on Saturday

Hope this helps

Is that actual or distributed??

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Is that actual or distributed??

Probably actual because they're counting AT the stadium ..... but a fair question.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Then we need JK to come up with a third number because the number the TSA is giving him isn't butts in seats ....

Fixating on the actual number is total ******** because it's an outlier in the world of college football. Pretty much the only ones who really give a crap about it are some of our fans, opponents' fans and "our" media.

I don't like the reporting of it, the perception I am talking about is the casual fan who flips over to our game because what ever game they are watching is at the half and our stadium looks emptier than a JV high school  football game on a Tuesday Night. To me that is Why the actual is important. The team is doing their part to regain perception but the fans are dropping the ball big time. And this is coming from someone who has 4 tickets from across the country; and I make sure my tickets are used on a weekly basis.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I don't like the reporting of it, the perception I am talking about is the casual fan who flips over to our game because what ever game they are watching is at the half and our stadium looks emptier than a JV high school  football game on a Tuesday Night. To me that is Why the actual is important. The team is doing their part to regain perception but the fans are dropping the ball big time.

If you don't like the reporting of it then stop feeding the beast. It's not the actual number that creates the casual fan's perception, which I honeslty don't understand why we should seriously care about to begin with, it's how filled the stadium looks ..... and that can be discussed without needing to know how many actually came through the turnstiles. All the publication of that number is good for is fodder.

And this is coming from someone who has 4 tickets from across the country; and I make sure my tickets are used on a weekly basis.

More supporters like you and this program would be in helluvalot better shape ...

51 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

That would be awesome ... maybe accompanied by a Triscuit or two.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

I'm excited for tomorrow

Not unlike the talk of firing Taggart last year;

by the end of the season (if we keep winning), stadium attendance should be a non-issue

3 minutes ago, Bear said:

by the end of the season (if we keep winning), stadium attendance should be a non-issue

I hope I'm wrong but if we keep winning, and are fortunate enough host the CCG, it will be an issue ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

That would be awesome ... maybe accompanied by a Triscuit or two.

More fiber in metamucil. #jussayin

• Upvote 1