• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sanchez and Harris

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Incorrect NC, he does lots correct.  However, when you're the captain of the D and a three year starter I expect a lot.  I watch lots of guys during plays and not just the ball.  He struggles getting off blocks and takes questionable angles at times.  Key on him during the game and you'll see for yourself. His backup last year (Holman) was very solid.  We don't have that luxury this year.  I'm an AS fan, just want him to make very few mistakes and play fundamentally sound football. I can assure you he will be tested Saturday night.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

Auggie is a coverage type MLB with good zone coverage skills.  His other strength is pursuing runners side to side as his speed is decent.  But send a 300 lb guard right at him and he is neutralized, especially if the refs allow those guards to hold onto his jerseys and shoulder pads.

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but just like last year it seemed like the refs just won't call any holding penalties against FSU.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

With a weak d line, our lbs are exposed. Not much production from our ends.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

You've been on his jock since his freshman year.  This is now the third time in as many seasons you've encouraged me to focus on him...when I do, I see a leader and a hustler and a guy who's covering down for other weaknesses on the D.  He's also once again our leading tackler.  Of course he has his issues--"key in" on any one person and you'll see them--but why you insist on singling him out every year is just bizarre, and frankly a little suspicious.

Stuggles getting off blocks?!...come on, man, that was the entire D against FSU.  Smh

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

41 minutes ago, Supersurch said:

Auggie is a coverage type MLB with good zone coverage skills.  His other strength is pursuing runners side to side as his speed is decent.  But send a 300 lb guard right at him and he is neutralized, especially if the refs allow those guards to hold onto his jerseys and shoulder pads.

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but just like last year it seemed like the refs just won't call any holding penalties against FSU.

They don't call anything on the darlings. Just like like offensive lineman went head first into Donnie . Clearly targeting. Said it to them on the way in at halftime. Usf coach behind him was shaking his head yes but didn't approach ref.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

He's a LB and should be the leading tackler on the team.  He gets no accolades for leading the team in tackles.  That's his role, to tackle people.  At times he struggled vs. Syracuse.  I was there and saw it firsthand.  He has all the ability in the world and to be the best USF has ever had.  I want him to be.  Facts are facts, and at times he takes himself out of plays and struggles to get off blocks.  He has outstanding instincts and a nose for the ball (see Bill Bates for your old school guys/ladies).  He had a great fumble recovery vs. FSU because he didn't give up on the play like many others did on both sides of the ball.

I also struggle w/Dillion not using his huge body to get open downfield for possession receptions.  Ever since the kid took the monster hit at the end of the last year's FSU game he's been a different player. 

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Gonna be on the coaches to make the proper adjustments and the DL to do their job. The LBs shouldn't have to be consistently dealing with fighting off OL 7 yards downfield the entire game like at FSU. 

I don't expect the same result vs Cincy  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

On 9/30/2016 at 11:57 AM, Bausfkid said:

These two need to play lights out the rest of the way for the D to rise to the challenge of being a contender in the AAC.  Got to make good reads, get off blocks and take correct tackling angles.  The offense has held up their end of the bargain thru 4 games.  The D has been shaky at times and it's time for these two leaders to lead.

Go Bulls!

Well said.  We are lacking in take aways this year.  Lets get some fumble recoveries & INTs!!  Pick 6 would be wonderful too.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

20 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

That's definitely part of it but we're also not using the striker aggressively enough. We blitzed with Byrd all the time last season but we've been far less aggressive with that this season. 

+5. As much of an animal as Byrd was, we are just being so passive this year.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Dline is nonexistent.