• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT is in over his head...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

35 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Lets compare apples to apples for second. Skip Holtz went 15-21. He took over a Bowl team with playmakers but lacking depth. Now if we drop the first year with CJL's players, he drops to 8-16 with his players and his win totals decreasing. Willie Taggart went 14-22 in his first 3 yeas. He took over a team with few playmakers and no position depth. If we discount that first year, he's 12-12 with his players and his win totals improving each year.

I stand by my statement.

I'll find this as a fair assessment. Year 0 is so difficult to judge a coach by. At most you can attest what a system change has accomplished, but coaching is not the only part of a HC's job in college football. You could also make no argument that his first two years were under a system that wasn't working and he was willing to adapt his scheme to the players he has recruited. That's what I'm really loving about him and this staff; he is willing to adapt to the talent he has; he doesn't live and die by his system (anymore at least.)

That being said responsibility has to be on the head coach for not doing that sooner.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Mike Ditka?

Image result for mike ditka meme

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

CWT needs to find a "Joe Kinnan" for the defense

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Mike Ditka?

Got fired from his last consulting job ...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/05/13/arts/13kick.390.jpg

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Mike Ditka?

I was thinking of the guy who was part of his interview process, but if you believe that Ditka could help him out I guess they can try that angle. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 hours ago, HR Bull said:

CWT is willing to learn and is trying. I wonder if a certain Super Bowl winning coach would consider doing some consultant work to help him along in his development? It could help round him out and maybe help learning how to adjust in game. Maybe if he gave up calling plays he would be faster to call adjustments?

Assuming you're referring to Tony Dungy, you don't want him anywhere NEAR our offense.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

41 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Assuming you're referring to Tony Dungy, you don't want him anywhere NEAR our offense.

Yea that's not really what I was going for. I think there is more to being a head coach than just knowing one side of the ball, but the focus here would be adjustments. Dungy seemed to know how to out coach opponents, and how to make adjustments in game. CWT needs to figure out how to get away from the scripts and make adjustments in game. I'm not sure what other connects Harlan could pull in that could help him in this area, but it would help him (and our program) get to next level. If we want to win big games and do big things that is the next step. CWT is doing a heck of a job and I look forward to watching him going forward.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

It literally only takes one loss (to the best team on our schedule) for a dumb thread like this to pop up.  Here's to hoping we win the American this year.

• Upvote 1