• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT is in over his head...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Last Saturday demonstrated that CWT is in over his head when playing the Big Time State schools.  We haven't beaten a Big 3 team since his arrival in Tampa.  His slavish devotion to QF is retarding the production of the offense.  We need a an update at QB and coaching staff if we're going to run with the Big 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 26

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Last Saturday demonstrated that CWT is in over his head when playing the Big Time State schools.  We haven't beaten a Big 3 team since his arrival in Tampa.  His slavish devotion to QF is retarding the production of the offense.  We need a an update at QB and coaching staff if we're going to run with the Big 3.

Not really.   $35 million dollar athletic budget vs $100 million dollar budget.   40 plus year old football program vs 20 year old.  

It starts with Alumni and money, both are not showing up to support this program.   Embarrassing the lack of USF fans at this game Saturday.

We did not have the talent on the d-line this year.   Happens, look at 2009, we destroyed their o-line because of the players. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It's the typical cycle of college coaches. CJL was a defensive coach. He saw Nate Allen at QB and said... That guy would make a great safety. He saw Selvie at C and saw a DE. Leavitt assembled some crazy talent on the defensive side of the ball.

CWT is an offensive coach, he has assembled something special on that side of the ball. It's rare that you get both.

I agree, it wasn't CWTs best game as a coach. Play calling was suspect on offense. I think what he hasn't learned yet is how to protect the defense when they are struggling. There were 2 classic "take a shot" moments in the game. CWT's offensive mind says "take a shot". On one, QF underthrew the receiver, picked. On the other, he put it in double coverage, picked. But... those were on the first play after our defense had just gained a little momentum. While they are "classic" times to do it, this game needed more finesse. More ball control. Even if QF completes those passes for TDs, it puts a gassed defense right back on the field with no time to rest. Our defense is dead last in college football in the number of plays they have been on the field. Some by their own doing, but, some by the offense going 3-and-out. I like taking the shots and scoring quickly, but, not when the defense is getting completely dominated by the opponent. Sometimes you have to try and be a bit more methodical in the play calling. We are a good running team, use Flowers' legs and the stable of RBs we have to give the defense a breather occasionally.

I'm not too down on CWT, he's done so much good with this team, he gets a pass in my opinion. Hopefully he learns from every game, win or lose, and applies it going forward.

Edited by Orlando Bull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Something is retarded, but I think you missed the mark on who and what.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Seriously, I should not be laughing this hard at work.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

FSU has been playing football for 70 years

UF has been playing football for 100+ years. 

USF has been a school for 60 years.  

These things take time. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

18 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Not really.   $35 million dollar athletic budget vs $100 million dollar budget.   40 plus year old football program vs 20 year old.  

It starts with Alumni and money, both are not showing up to support this program.   Embarrassing the lack of USF fans at this game Saturday.

We did not have the talent on the d-line this year.   Happens, look at 2009, we destroyed their o-line because of the players. 

Tired of the excuses, you maybe satisfied with being the tallest midget, but I expect more from USF.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712

3 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Tired of the excuses, you maybe satisfied with being the tallest midget, but I expect more from USF.

There it is. Demanding excellence.

/thread

Edited by George Jenkins
  • Upvote 2