• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT is in over his head...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

People .... people .... people.

facepalm photo facepalm.jpg

Oh boy.  You broke out this one.  Haven't seen him in a while.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

We all want more, but "expecting" it is dangerous territory. FSU has way more talent than us. So, "expecting" to win is saying that you "expect" that CWT is a WAY better coach than Jimbo Fisher. Because you "expect" for him to be able to beat FSU with less talent.

I think we all hoped for it, and we could have pulled it off, but, "expecting" to go out and knock off FSU is crazy.

No one will give Jim Leavitt the credit he deserves for the big wins when he was here. He absolutely out-coached some of those teams, he also got his team to play with some crazy passion in those games. But, we fans "expected" to be able to do it every week. The reality is, it does take time, it takes consistency, and it takes players. Right now, we are not on the same level as the "Big-3".

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

There it is. Demanding excellence.

/thread

You have to actual use the words or it doesn't count ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Oh boy.  You broke out this one.  Haven't seen him in a while.  

It's been awhile since something warranted breaking Ted out again ...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Tired of the excuses, you maybe satisfied with being the tallest midget, but I expect more from USF.

I would be satisfied being the tallest one eyed midget in a land of blind hobbits.  I hear they get all the girls.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

24 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

It's the typical cycle of college coaches. CJL was a defensive coach. He saw Nate Allen at QB and said... That guy would make a great safety. He saw Selvie at C and saw a DE. Leavitt assembled some crazy talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Leavitt knew how to recruit the back ally killers, he always had a tough defense that played angry.  If CWT can't get the wheels back on the bus, we need to consider Art Briles, someone who isn't afraid to recruit the kind of nasty players we need to be competitive.  No more players coaches like Skippy or CWT.

• Downvote 8

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I...... just wow. I don't care I'm going to feed the troll here. I knew this was going to happen. I want to take a poll, who on this board expected USF to beat FSU? And by expected I mean not "hoped" or "thoght we  could compete," but expected it as we expected to beat the first three opponents. If you did, and the failure of that expectations means you want to fire everyone then you are part of the problem. 

Look we can be disappointed by the game, lord knows I am, but to expect a victory and want to fire everyone when we don't get it? Cmon man! Sheesh I can't wait for this weekend to talk about something else.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Ionbull said:

I...... just wow. I don't care I'm going to feed the troll here. I knew this was going to happen. I want to take a poll, who on this board expected USF to beat FSU? And by expected I mean not "hoped" or "thoght we  could compete," but expected it as we expected to beat the first three opponents. If you did, and the failure of that expectations means you want to fire everyone then you are part of the problem. 

Look we can be disappointed by the game, lord knows I am, but to expect a victory and want to fire everyone when we don't get it? Cmon man! Sheesh I can't wait for this weekend to talk about something else.

You sound like the Skippy Holtz version of a fan. "At least we competed."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

CWT can still learn. He is relatively young in experience as a head coach.  I was disappointed in his slow turn around in offensive scheme. I was not impressed with our Bowl loss. I still think with the right coaching we win.... But that was his first bowl game!  He has been horrible on the sideline the first few years, putting in calls late, but that has improved, although w/ room to grow. 

He has had big games before like FSU, Mich St, Wisconsin. With very talent poor environment CWT at least put together a respectable first half.  We were clear underdogs.  This was his first big game w/ some reasonable expectations except, maybe a Western KY win against UK ( it's always reasonable to beat them). He went to Baylor to continue learning. I see him as a coach-able coach.  

I hope he stays and grows with usf.  If we get into 2-3yrs down the road and he is still w/ middling results then I get my pitch fork.  If he stays the next big test will be adapting to our new strengths. Unlike Alabama we will always be a school that will need to adapt to our players. We will not be able to clone Macks and QFs. (Getting a little ahead of myself).  If he never sticks to a school he may just end up being the rebuild guy, floating around like a nomad, perhaps a reality tv show where he yells at people like in Hell's Kitchen  

I think he had it all right. I mean we run the ole miss defense and Louisville offense. His staff unfortunately were just studying the second half of ole miss. But really, I could see a coach looking at that game and thinking , we can shut down Cook with this scheme, so we better make certain we don't nap on Francois. Why the plan didn't drastically change in the second half (quarter), I dunno?  Hopefully he learns to have a few back up plans in the future.