• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

10 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I guess I should lower my expectations then and just be happy that we have a football team.

How about be realistic in your expectations. Schools want to move to a power conference so they have access to better coaches, support personnel  and buy better facilities. It's haves Vs have nots. We're outside looking in. When you get in, you get the means to attract better recruits. 

You people act like it's the 1950s and money hasn't changed the college landscape into its current virtually diametrically opposed groups of athletic programs. 

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

On 9/24/2016 at 4:29 PM, Bourbon Bull said:

75% of the crowd was USF?  Sitting on the home side and looking across I saw about a dozen green shirts. Our section was interspersed with FSU fans, maybe 15 - 20% (211). Don't see how that equates, even with the students, to 75%.

I have seasons tickets on the visitor side and it was 75% FSU fans.  My neighbor USF fans sold tickets to FSU fans. Terrible support for USF at that game on that side.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, Rizman said:

I have seasons tickets on the visitor side and it was 75% FSU fans.  My neighbor USF fans sold tickets to FSU fans. Terrible support for USF at that game on that side.

Everything was terrible and busch league about that game. The fans only got loud during 2 our 3 plays. Many fans watched the game from the concourse due to the heat, and only 20-25k bulls fans showed up. I couldn't have drawn up a bigger nightmare scenario for a that terrible game. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

Everything was terrible and busch league about that game. The fans only got loud during 2 our 3 plays. Many fans watched the game from the concourse due to the heat, and only 20-25k bulls fans showed up. I couldn't have drawn up a bigger nightmare scenario for a that terrible game. 

Simply not true.  There were a lot of FSU fans there but when everyone one of them is an eyesore it looks like a lot more.

That crowd was mostly USF, although I will agree the visitor's side was 50/50 at best.

If I were to estimate I would go with 60-40 USF.  The place erupted on the first 2 TD's.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

10 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

How about be realistic in your expectations. Schools want to move to a power conference so they have access to better coaches, support personnel  and buy better facilities. It's haves Vs have nots. We're outside looking in. When you get in, you get the means to attract better recruits. 

You people act like it's the 1950s and money hasn't changed the college landscape into its current virtually diametrically opposed groups of athletic programs. 

Yup

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

21 minutes ago, MMW said:

Simply not true.  There were a lot of FSU fans there but when everyone one of them is an eyesore it looks like a lot more.

That crowd was mostly USF, although I will agree the visitor's side was 50/50 at best.

If I were to estimate I would go with 60-40 USF.  The place erupted on the first 2 TD's.

Even 50/50 would be about 25k bulls fans. Abysmal amd I'm tired of hearing excuses about heat etc. So tired of excuses from this fan base. For a big game, that was utterly embarassing. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Seems about the same, but I don't know if that is Shaun King's fault.

I'm not sold on Shaun King as anything but I think at this point QF is what he is going to be. What you see is what you get until he graduates.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

I couldn't have drawn up a bigger nightmare scenario for a that terrible game. 

Could have had a lightning delay ...

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

7 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

You're right. For now I'll just be happy with anything we can get and then maybe one day we can get the call to the P5 and our "access to coaches, support personnel and better facilities" will enable us to achieve levels of football success like Iowa State, Kentucky, Wake Forest and Indiana.

I have a new soul crushing dream now.

You're talking schools that have been in their conferences...since before money changed the colllege football landscape and are institutions 100+ years older than USF with a long tradition in football. 

Iowa State has played football since the 1800s and joined its current conference in 1928. Just one backstory,

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42

Disaster? You were beaten by FSU not UCF! The team lost to one of the Powerhouses of college football, which sucks as I wanted USF to beat the crap out of FSU, however it was not unexpected.  You have a QB that does not throw the short pass efficiently however can create plays with his legs and can chuck the ball down field where the natural ability of the your (awesome) WR's can make plays happen. This team will be fine in Conference play and should be a part of the Conference title game.

The only disaster i can see from this game is if CWT and staff fail to make any adjustments from what they learned after reviewing this game.

• Upvote 2