• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This year may be much BIGGER than we realize

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Guilty. I was wrong. But after the Maryland game last year, other than some good recruiting, I didn't see any reason for him to be the HEAD Coach of the BULLS. Bring in good recruits and have them sleep walk thru a game is 100% unacceptable to me. Potential and zero results thru that game and I was losing my mind.

Really glad cooler heads prevailed.

GO BULLS!

I was reminded a few weeks ago that that game was the week after Elkino Watson died.  Was told that had a huge effect.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I was reminded a few weeks ago that that game was the week after Elkino Watson died.  Was told that had a huge effect.

Yes, the coach said at the St. Petersburg event that he did not realize the impact until the Maryland game when the team was so flat. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart, like any coach, will take a better job if offered.

USF did their job, extension, pay raise, incentives. There is nothing they can do if he gets an offer that he sees as a good fit.

I do not think he will take just any "power five" offer though. His ties to Florida are strong, and USF is a better fit than many "power five" jobs (Kansas, Purdue, etc).

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

The big difference in if Taggart leaves and our previous break ups with coaches will be huge. We are once again a program on the rise and our pool for potential replacements will be much greater. Not to mention Taggart getting hired away means this program did something truly special this year and I can live with that.

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Guilty. I was wrong. But after the Maryland game last year, other than some good recruiting, I didn't see any reason for him to be the HEAD Coach of the BULLS. Bring in good recruits and have them sleep walk thru a game is 100% unacceptable to me. Potential and zero results thru that game and I was losing my mind.

Really glad cooler heads prevailed.

GO BULLS!

I'm still not sold on CWT as a great coach. He clearly can recruit the talent and has mostly learned to get out of his own way. He is good but I'm not sure he is a great coach. I still think he's best suited to recruit, talk to media and let crack assistants run the show.

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
8 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'm still not sold on CWT as a great coach. He clearly can recruit the talent and has mostly learned to get out of his own way. He is good but I'm not sure he is a great coach. I still think he's best suited to recruit, talk to media and let crack assistants run the show.

All I want to know from this post is what the hell a Crack Assistant is!!!??? lol

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

All I want to know from this post is what the hell a Crack Assistant is!!!??? lol

I enjoyed using that phrase, that's all I can say!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This year is exactly as big as I think it is.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

44 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The Bobby Bowden model of coaching.  I'll take it all day long.

• Upvote 2