• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This year may be much BIGGER than we realize

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, Gismo said:

i think he is more likely to stay at the helm of a successful USF and build a legacy. 

I agree 100% with you. I think the guy wants to build a dominant program. USF will be the next Miami if this guy sticks around. Just has that feel to it. I hope he stays around for a long time. I've always said he has the potential to be our Bobby Bowden. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think he sticks around unless it's a top job or someone offers an ungodly amount of money.

He's not leaving for Texas Tech or Kentucky.

LSU, Tennessee, or Penn State? Maybe, but I don't think he's a candidate for those jobs if they open.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I think he sticks around for at least another season and would think USF pays him more. If B12 expands by 2, but then may again in another year add a 3rd and 4th team, that may intrigue him to stay a little longer to see how this plays out. He is from FL and likes being there, so it may take an offer from a top program to lure him away. If we get in the Big 12, I don't see him leaving anytime soon, which hopefully is the case.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I don't think he goes to a lower end P5 program or a program without much upside. I also think anywhere he goes will need to be east coast so as to effectively recruit Florida. Think UNC or Wisconsin type programs. Just below the upper tier but could be really good with the right guy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

As long as we're in the AAC this is a stepping stone job. Hate to say it but that's what it truly is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

I agree if this program could get into Big 12 it will explode...and I think the smart ones in Big 12 will see that also.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761

I just distinctly remember him saying "when I walked into this job we were in a BCS conference and now we're not" and he seemed to mean it in a way like I didn't sign up for this exactly. And also when addressing the USC interview he specifically said he owed it to his family to see the opportunity, so while I do think he loves Florida his family is first which is an awesome thing! and it all comes down to his family and what their priorities really are. So I think the Florida Bay Area ties may not be as strong as we may like to think.

i definitely don't think he would leave for an Indiana, Maryland, Syracuse, but like others mentioned if a storied program that has "unlimited resources" who has on the decline last 10 20 years comes calling I think he's gone UNLESS we're in the B12 and pay him.

3 Million like Hermann I think MAY keep him here temporarily but not in the long run if we can't go to the playoffs.

and those of you guys who don't think big names team will come calling, just wait if he has a big season this year, next year will be projected to be just as good if not better as MOST our guys are soph juniors. So we will likely have back to back big seasons of this one pans out, and if that's the case, I think you could easily see teams like Georgia, Tennessee, Miami, come callin

heres hoping we get into the B12!!!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, BULLZ said:

I just distinctly remember him saying "when I walked into this job we were in a BCS conference and now we're not" and he seemed to mean it in a way like I didn't sign up for this exactly. And also when addressing the USC interview he specifically said he owed it to his family to see the opportunity, so while I do think he loves Florida his family is first which is an awesome thing! and it all comes down to his family and what their priorities really are. So I think the Florida Bay Area ties may not be as strong as we may like to think.

i definitely don't think he would leave for an Indiana, Maryland, Syracuse, but like others mentioned if a storied program that has "unlimited resources" who has on the decline last 10 20 years comes calling I think he's gone UNLESS we're in the B12 and pay him.

3 Million like Hermann I think MAY keep him here temporarily but not in the long run if we can't go to the playoffs.

and those of you guys who don't think big names team will come calling, just wait if he has a big season this year, next year will be projected to be just as good if not better as MOST our guys are soph juniors. So we will likely have back to back big seasons of this one pans out, and if that's the case, I think you could easily see teams like Georgia, Tennessee, Miami, come callin

heres hoping we get into the B12!!!

Georgia (Kirby Smart) and Miami (Mark Richt) just hired new coaches. Tennessee may cut ties with Butch Jones if he tanks this year I suppose.