• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's with FSU ticket sales?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

You are the exception, not the rule. According to our Big 12 presentation, 160,000 alumni live in the Tampa Bay area. If just one 8th of them attended the game and brought someone along with them, that would be 40,000 USF fans. 

Also, USF did make it attractive for alumni to go to the game. The three game packs were priced to sell at $119 for 3 games. That works out to $40 a ticket for the lower level, quite a bargain if you ask me. Currently, there are $129 three game packs remaining. Point being, USF priced the game at the correct price point and offered a discount to those willing to support the team beyond the one "big" home game against FSU.  

To add to your point, the $85/ticket price point was good enough to draw in this alumnus, his wife and child from Orlando Metro (the "I-4 Super Region" as it were). We can't commit to three weekends in the fall, so the three of us will be in and out of there for under $400. Hopefully any USF Grad 12 years removed would be able to afford the same.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

If it doesn't sell out maybe it's because USF students don't want to catch Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease from their FSU counterparts:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease-outbreak-reported-on-fsu-campus/2293698

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

14 hours ago, IBulleve said:

As was mentioned, the option is available to get a lower level seat for $139 plus tickets to 2 other games. Comes out to $43 a game which is very reasonable. I understand it tough if you have a family, but that stands true for almost all college venues. Let's not act like USF sold us out and said, $85 upper deck or beat it. There are reasonable options available 

Understand that the pricing for this game was a very tricky situation. I'm sure those $139 tickets are going to make our announced attendance for those other 2 games look good. Point is, USF has to get to the fringe fans in this area, alumni or not, and reel them in. Most of those type fans are presently interested in only one game this year. I just think there should have been lower options than NFL pricing of $85 to get them here. I hope to hell they prove me wrong and the place is close to a sellout next week with at least a 50/50 split of fans.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

If it doesn't sell out maybe it's because USF students don't want to catch Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease from their FSU counterparts:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease-outbreak-reported-on-fsu-campus/2293698

I'd happily catch the hand and mouth part from a few FSU coeds.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I remember a rash of foot-in-mouth disease in past years up there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

21 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'd happily catch the hand and mouth part from a few FSU coeds.

:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

If I remember right, "Sampling the live stock"; meant killing one, cooking and eating it, NOT fornicating with it. Dang it, kids now a days. :facepalm:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Understand that the pricing for this game was a very tricky situation. I'm sure those $139 tickets are going to make our announced attendance for those other 2 games look good. Point is, USF has to get to the fringe fans in this area, alumni or not, and reel them in. Most of those type fans are presently interested in only one game this year. I just think there should have been lower options than NFL pricing of $85 to get them here. I hope to hell they prove me wrong and the place is close to a sellout next week with at least a 50/50 split of fans.

I agree with the need to get the fringe fans and certainly hope the pricing doesn't keep them away. We were doing a better job doing that before the Holtz era turned things south and we lost them. This is a great opportunity to get back on the right track. A win like the West Va game would go a long way to doing that.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

21 hours ago, fhemmer209 said:

I agree with the need to get the fringe fans and certainly hope the pricing doesn't keep them away. We were doing a better job doing that before the Holtz era turned things south and we lost them. This is a great opportunity to get back on the right track. A win like the West Va game would go a long way to doing that.

I don't think so.  This is to charge top dollar for the FSU people coming in.  There were great pricing deals to be had for USF fans and their friends. If we beat FSU, the fringe fans will start coming anyway and the prices will be low.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Tickets on stubhub are already being unloaded at half price of what they were 3 hours ago.