• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-NIU Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

10 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

Attendance won't get better until we start scheduling better teams...the average Tampa fan doesn't want to see us scheduling teams like Tulsa, NIU, and FAU. They want to see us play the Gators, Noles, and SEC schools. Until we do  that, attendance will be poor.

Those other teams have to want to play us also. We just can't tell teams we are going to play them. The Gators want nothing to do with us...we could actually upset them. They would rather play Presbyterian, which they have a 99.9% chance of beating. 

• Upvote 2

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Gotta give props to FSU and UM to play us and come to Ray Jay.  UF is a coward program afraid of losing and might never play us again even at the swamp.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, it's the rock-and-a-hard-place position. We want to play better (P5) teams, but they don't wanna play us. And I would imagine that the good folks on Fowler Avenue are pretty happy with the light-n-fluffy-like-a-cloud teams that are willing to swing by Dale Mabry to collect a paycheck. I think the bottom line has been, and will continue to be, get out of a second tier conference and play - regularly - teams we grew up following...yep, SEC, ACC, B1G, BIG XII if you really want to succeed in filling a stadium (RAyJ or on-campus). There's a finite amount of interest in CUSA 2.0, the MAC and what's-that-other-conference. 

Now, if we accept that a great deal of scheduling is indeed a two-way street, and named teams don't want to schedule us, then we also have to accept that we are sentenced to a life of second-tier scheduling and all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth over attendance numbers are but an exercise in futility. Granted, it's a good keyboarding exercise, but that's  'bout it. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

1 hour ago, Bulls1181 said:

If both teams are undefeated then it might be a sellout. Ray Jay will be humming in 2 weeks!

It'll be a sellout no matter what. We had just lost to ball state and still had our largest ever crowd in 2012. 

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If we are undefeated and so is FSU I think we break the 2012 record.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

The Gators are the biggest joke in the state when it comes to ooc scheduling. I have a feeling we will never play them again. They wouldn't play FSU yearly if they didn't have to 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

55 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

Attendance won't get better until we start scheduling better teams...the average Tampa fan doesn't want to see us scheduling teams like Tulsa, NIU, and FAU. They want to see us play the Gators, Noles, and SEC schools. Until we do  that, attendance will be poor.

Exactly. I said this in another thread i believe. Our issue is schedule interest, not quality of team or lack of fan support. If we still had our old Big East schedule, we'd be pushing 20k+ season ticket holders and lower bowl sellouts each game imo.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

26 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If we are undefeated and so is FSU I think we break the 2012 record.

I'm just hoping it's not a 70-30 Noles-Bulls split this time. But for the student section in 2012, it would have been worse.

We were really bad back then, so i'd expect something better.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Attendence is doing better. Going to take a tradition of winning to get more peeps. One season of wining last year won't be enough. Just keep winning and those bandwagon peeps will come.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

There's no chance it will be 70/30 noles. As it was mentioned, a lot of people in the community bought the 3 game pack and didn't include Towson or northern Illinois (FSU, UCF, Uconn/ECU/Navy). I fully expect it to be at least 50/50