• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-NIU Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Student section largest in 5 years. You know they will be rocking for FSU.

will they be handing out USF shirts for any students in Noles gear???

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

49 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If we are undefeated and so is FSU I think we break the 2012 record.

That might be tough - the 2012 game is the record for non-Super Bowl football games at the stadium and exceeded the listed capacity by over one thousand (at some point, there has to be some sort of limit)

It would be cool if they set-up the expandable seats in the end-zones - that could push the attendance well into the 70k range

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

With how the team is playing and how well our BIG games have historically been attended, I'm expecting a near 50/50 split with a sellout crowd. There will certainly be a ton of FSU fans, but lots of bulls too. Also, for many like myself, I grew up an FSU fan before USF got football, so I have rooting interest in both. I know that will be very common at the game too. While I'll loudly cheer for USF (graduated from there), I'll also be happy for FSU just not as much lol. Its a win win for me that week.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, bullcocky101 said:

Attendance won't get better until we start scheduling better teams...the average Tampa fan doesn't want to see us scheduling teams like Tulsa, NIU, and FAU. They want to see us play the Gators, Noles, and SEC schools. Until we do  that, attendance will be poor.

In fact the attendance against NIU was not poor and respectable even for P5 conferences. If we continue to win I would expect 40+K against opponents like NIU and you will most likely see later this year.

To your other point though, a B12 schedule would help attendance numbers by bringing in opponent fans. Those programs have been playing for so long that they travel well. For reference:

58,755 Kansas 9/12/2008
Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

44 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

In fact the attendance against NIU was not poor and respectable even for P5 conferences. If we continue to win I would expect 40+K against opponents like NIU and you will most likely see later this year.

To your other point though, a B12 schedule would help attendance numbers by bringing in opponent fans. Those programs have been playing for so long that they travel well. For reference:

58,755 Kansas 9/12/2008

Helped that Kansas and USF were ranked, but any B12 will draw a lot better crowd for our games than our AAC schedule.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

Attendance won't get better until we start scheduling better teams...the average Tampa fan doesn't want to see us scheduling teams like Tulsa, NIU, and FAU. They want to see us play the Gators, Noles, and SEC schools. Until we do  that, attendance will be poor.

Overall attendance is minimally affected by a home ooc schedule, unless you're talking about bringing in 4 "names" a year . Success and, to a degree, conference affiliation will be what what drives your attendance. From 2007 to 2011 we averaged 48K. Your attendance goes up when fans want to come to see USF play, not who they're playing.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

Well that's a good thing.  Actual next time should go way up :)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Not bad! Progress is showing here!! Keep winning and the bandwagon will get bigger!!!