• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tom Jones telling the truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

The atmosphere has been bad to mediocre for quite a few years now. If you look at the game thread you'll see comments about how the crappy first half performance sucked the life out of the crowd. 

How about beat FSU and show the town what they are missing? Only the true fans believe in the team and we need some filthy casuals to show up and comment on how they heard we have a good quarterback.

Quoted for Filthy Casuals 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Stop reading the Times.  Cancel the subscription, stop clicking the links.  

I know a lot of folks here are not keen on these guys, but:

http://www.thedailystampede.com/2016/9/7/12841100/tampa-bay-times-says-usf-needs-better-attendance-tom-jones-martin-fennelly-drive-by-journalism

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

No, he's either flat out lying or at least being misleading.  Not one of the other 127 FBS programs give out actuals.  He uses UCF's announced, yet uses USF's actuals in the Towson game.  That is lying about UCF's actual attendance.  Although they don't give out actuals at UCF, anyone with half a brain knows that when they announced 26K against USF, there were at most 10K in the stands and that is being generous.  He is using apples to oranges to make his argument.  Either use actuals for everyone or used announced for everyone.  Either is fine.  To do otherwise is misleading at best, and lying at worse.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

Here's a thought. How about our athletics departments just stops scheduling cupcake games? Our fans always show up to the big games against quality opponents. Not everyone wants to pay to see USF beat the snot out of a nobody like Towson. If the team is truly back like coach T says it is, then they should schedule tougher and more entertaining games. Hell, UCF was able to get a deal with Michigan. How come we can't do something like that?  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

http://www.thedailystampede.com/2016/9/7/12841100/tampa-bay-times-says-usf-needs-better-attendance-tom-jones-martin-fennelly-drive-by-journalism

While some guys here don't care for Collin or his tweet-habits, I don't see anyone else taking a stand against the local writers constantly bashing USF (I'm looking at you, Fennely and Jones).

There wasn't a shred of optimism or support of the Bulls. What a slap in the face. There was no mention of Mack on track to smash Andre Hall's career rushing record(s), or the fact that we are poised to win the AAC (the East div anyway).

I just don't understand the hate...I mean, are other schools paying off the writers to publish hit pieces? At this point I'm through with the Times. They may as well be UCF in my eyes.

Edited by Dan C.
  • Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
4 minutes ago, HOTbull19 said:

Here's a thought. How about our athletics departments just stops scheduling cupcake games? Our fans always show up to the big games against quality opponents. Not everyone wants to pay to see USF beat the snot out of a nobody like Towson. If the team is truly back like coach T says it is, then they should schedule tougher and more entertaining games. Hell, UCF was able to get a deal with Michigan. How come we can't do something like that?  

UCF played a FCS team last week worst then Towson...

Edited by PCBull14

15 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

GREAT article.  Thank you for the solid rebuttal, Collin 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

8 minutes ago, HOTbull19 said:

:facepalm:

11 minutes ago, HOTbull19 said:

And we're playing #3 ranked Florida State, your point is?

And, to top that USF is doing a home/home with FSU.  UCF is getting paid to go to Michigan one time and get beat.

Big difference.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

This entire thread should be retitled "Collin Sherwin telling the truth" 

Edited by IBulleve
  • Upvote 1