• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Four Scouting: Towson Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/16/2016 at 8:38 AM, Bulls On Parade said:

True, but bigger backs with some speed have always given us fits in the past against our faster smaller d-lines.

Cant wait for opening kickoff.

Our LBs should be able to fill those gaps and make plays.

I think we will be ok and you do get beat every once in a while.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Went over to the ECU site and asked abut them.  They said that boy ran at will on them.  the key is to force some three and outs and score score score every possession.  This team will work to win so the BULLS better not take them lightly. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, TigerAlum45 said:

Hello, Bulls fans. I have divided loyalties here -- I'm a Towson grad who still lives in the area, and have a daughter who graduated from USF a few years back, so I follow/cheer for both schools. To answer the question above, there are no other beasts on Towson. The transfer QB looked  good to me at a recent practice, but he's still learning the system. There's a very good possession receiver named Christian Summers, and a burner who's a freshman, but I don't know how big a part of the offense he'll be. On defense, the strength is  the linebackers, but I suspect they'll be making a lot of tackles downfield (along with the DBs) given Flowers' abilities. I think the Bulls will go up by four touchdowns by halftime, and Towson makes the score respectable if second- and third-teamers are playing for USF in the third/fourth quarters. I figure it'll be 48-21 at the end. For the Bulls it should be the start of a great season, and I'll be pulling for them till New Year's Day. For Towson, I hope we get out of Raymond James without serious injuries to key players, and our self-respect. (Rob Ambrose  teams play hard till the end, so I don't think that will be an issue.) Towson should be an FCS playoff team this year, but lining up against Richmond or Villanova is a far cry from squaring off against Willie Taggart's crew,

Thanks for the respect & welcome to our boards. Hopefully none of the players on either side gets injured, we need our depth intact!

We'll see, Towson will be hungry, but the Bulls have a lot of hype to live up to this season. Hopefully that means we'll be hungry too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, TigerAlum45 said:

For the Bulls it should be the start of a great season, and I'll be pulling for them till New Year's Day.

January 10th... just sayin'

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, TigerAlum45 said:

Hello, Bulls fans. I have divided loyalties here -- I'm a Towson grad who still lives in the area, and have a daughter who graduated from USF a few years back, so I follow/cheer for both schools. To answer the question above, there are no other beasts on Towson. The transfer QB looked  good to me at a recent practice, but he's still learning the system. There's a very good possession receiver named Christian Summers, and a burner who's a freshman, but I don't know how big a part of the offense he'll be. On defense, the strength is  the linebackers, but I suspect they'll be making a lot of tackles downfield (along with the DBs) given Flowers' abilities. I think the Bulls will go up by four touchdowns by halftime, and Towson makes the score respectable if second- and third-teamers are playing for USF in the third/fourth quarters. I figure it'll be 48-21 at the end. For the Bulls it should be the start of a great season, and I'll be pulling for them till New Year's Day. For Towson, I hope we get out of Raymond James without serious injuries to key players, and our self-respect. (Rob Ambrose  teams play hard till the end, so I don't think that will be an issue.) Towson should be an FCS playoff team this year, but lining up against Richmond or Villanova is a far cry from squaring off against Willie Taggart's crew,

Great insight! I know a lot of us were a little skiddish in that Oregon kid. Feel the game will go like that as well except probably takes us a few possessions before we score with jitters and such. I agree, let's both get out of this game with no injuries!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, TigerAlum45 said:

lining up against Richmond or Villanova is a far cry from squaring off against Willie Taggart's crew,

Hot ****! We've made it to the big time boys!

Sarcasm aside, thank you for your insight.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Towson will be a much better game than FAMU...hope both teams get out injury free.  8 days away!!

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

It won't be close, USF up by 21+ after Q1. Then it gets worse, roe Towson.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

30 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

It won't be close, USF up by 21+ after Q1. Then it gets worse, roe Towson.

Someone likes the Koolaid. :icon_drink:

Always nice to hear the more objective voices predicting good things.